Goat Knives ghosting me?

Why does it hurt your feelings that I'm expressing concern that the company charged my card and is completely radio silent? Some of you Karens need to spend less time on the internet.
Speaking of the internet...

Things happen, and a small shop letting something slip through the cracks isn't a scam.

Maybe you should have ordered from Amazon and gotten it the next day.

180ls1

WKR
I run a small business, I’ve answered phone calls in a whisper while hunting. If Im out of service my wife gets the calls… it’s not hard to schedule this out, I understand your frustration with the lack of response.
Same.

Also, an out of office email that bounces back to everyone who emails is very easy to setup and probably would have avoided this situation. Heck, if I got one of those from a small business saying "I'm chasing bulls, my response and shipping is delayed, wish me luck!" I would be pumped for the guy.

I run a small business, I’ve answered phone calls in a whisper while hunting. If Im out of service my wife gets the calls… it’s not hard to schedule this out, I understand your frustration with the lack of response.
I run a small business.

My time is my time.

I actually regularly have customer tell me how much they like the fact that I have such a clear separation and make time for myself.

180ls1

WKR
I actually regularly have customer tell me how much they like the fact that I have such a clear separation and make time for myself.

That's the key... letting them know. I have the same experience.

However, if they don't know and you leave them hanging for multiple weeks (like what is happening here) you'll likely end up with some pissed off people.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Why does it hurt your feelings that I'm expressing concern that the company charged my card and is completely radio silent? Some of you Karens need to spend less time on the internet.
Interesting when someone not having sympathy becomes their feelings must be hurt. I was on your side, until you made me realize I did not want to be on your side
This thread would have a totally different tone if OP had simply said "just wanted to warn you guys" rather than going "tHaTs NoT aN eXcUsE" and taking such a hostile tone in general when he was provided possible reasoning for what he's experiencing. We didn't take his money or ghost him, he's getting tons of attention from us. That said...

92mpae.jpg
Exactly. I've gone longer without communication, with more money on the line, from larger companies. Being annoying is one thing, being combative with people who have nothing to do with the situation and are just trying to help troubleshoot and give perspective is another.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
That's the key... letting them know. I have the same experience.

However, if they don't know and you leave them hanging for multiple weeks (like what is happening here) you'll likely end up with some pissed off people.
Fair.

Goat could definitely be doing better.

I just see OP as equally in the wrong.

svivian

WKR
Interesting when someone not having sympathy because there feelings must be hurt. I was on your side, until you made me realize I did not want to be on your side

Exactly. I've gone longer without communication, with more money on the line, from larger companies. Being annoying is one thing, being combative with people who have nothing to do with the situation and are just trying to help troubleshoot and give perspective is another.
Bingo well said.

IDVortex

WKR
Interesting when someone not having sympathy because there feelings must be hurt. I was on your side, until you made me realize I did not want to be on your side

Well stated.

If you think 3 weeks is bad. Be glad you didn't order sheepfeet just as they were switching over to a new ordering process. Didn't get my feet until beginning of August if I'm not mistaken, almost 4 months since the order date.

Life happens, some customers get slipped through the cracks. To be fair, it's only been a week since it should ship. For all we know you left a douchey voicemail or email and now you're on the back of the list. (I could see this being the case)

OP
grainhog

grainhog

Lil-Rokslider
Well stated.

If you think 3 weeks is bad. Be glad you didn't order sheepfeet just as they were switching over to a new ordering process. Didn't get my feet until beginning of August if I'm not mistaken, almost 4 months since the order date.

Life happens, some customers get slipped through the cracks. To be fair, it's only been a week since it should ship. For all we know you left a douchey voicemail or email and now you're on the back of the list. (I could see this being the case)
That's honestly pathetic you waited that long. You getting on here and defending a company for taking 4 months to deliver you something you paid for might be diagnosable Stockholm syndrome. But carry on.

IDVortex

WKR
That's honestly pathetic you waited that long. You getting on here and defending a company for taking 4 months to deliver you something you paid for might be diagnosable Stockholm syndrome. But carry on.
Actually, we talked back and forth. I was fine with it. I'm also not into the culture of Amazon like so many douch bags are and expect a item instantly.

OP
grainhog

grainhog

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking of the internet...

Things happen, and a small shop letting something slip through the cracks isn't a scam.

Maybe you should have ordered from Amazon and gotten it the next day.
In my experience you're often a voice of reason, and in a sense this is no exception. On the other hand, I feel like there's a pretty wide gulf between 'order on Amazon' and 'expect transparency and communication from companies'.

Ucsdryder

WKR
In my experience you're often a voice of reason, and in a sense this is no exception. On the other hand, I feel like there's a pretty wide gulf between 'order on Amazon' and 'expect transparency and communication from companies'.
The pushback on here isn’t from people defending the company and their lack of communication, it’s your attitude toward others.

OP
grainhog

grainhog

Lil-Rokslider
The pushback on here isn’t from people defending the company and their lack of communication, it’s your attitude toward others.
If you take an objective read back through the thread, you might come to a different conclusion. Or not.

In any case I became a little rokslider on this thread! Maybe if we all keep it up I'll make it to well known rokslider and I can jump on the next dog pile too.

OP
grainhog

grainhog

Lil-Rokslider
Google search Travis Nowotny (owner of Goat Knives) and reach out to him on one of his social media platforms. Sucks that there isn't a public phone number but I'm sure with a little googlefu you could come up with his personal phone number and address if you really want to make contact.

Jay
Thanks, alas I don't use social media (other than rokslide apparently).

I try. And fair point.

I do think you're expecting a little much, you're barely a week past the ship date, which I generally think is more of a rough guess than a firm date.