Gloves for the extreme cold

Gloves and cold are not good partners. I suggest army surplus arctic mitts. The last time I bought 5 or so pairs they were about $30 / pair. I've had one pair since 1974, I just sew on more insulation as the liners wear.

TN VOL

FNG
Outdoor Research Mt Baker mitts. I’ve had a pair for a few years now and they’ve been great. Picked them up at %50 for military/first responder discount through Expertvoice. You can find them on sale often.

I wear 2 pair of mittens with chemical hand warmers and a XXXL waterproof mitten shell
I sewed from an old pair of breathable waders. That is for boating in the cold for a 4 hour run.
That is when my hands are the coldest and I'm a captive driver.
WaterproofMittens.jpg60below_Tok.jpg
Backpacking in cold I start with mittens over gloves and quickly shed mittens once I'm heated
up from hiking.

Mil surplus Arctic mittens. Also if you’re lucky you can find a modern OR version in coyote brown.

Floafffy

FNG
Just make sure your cuffs are longer than your sleeves to protect the wrist disconnect. And also use a mitt and glove combo

Mghatts

FNG
When I ski patrol I wear gloves from Free the Powder. They slip on easy, have leashes so I don't lose the gloves when I take them off and mine came with two sets of liners, one that is thicker and one that is thinner. I think I am going to get the mittens next and then will wear a thin pair of merino liner gloves under those.

My GF is a dog sled and winter camping guide and her and a lot of people use the OR Alti mitts (if they aren't using beaver fur mittens).

https://www.freethepowder.com/collections/gloves