Glove recommendation for early season

Jimbo V

WKR
I have the soft shell shooting glove. Nice glove, but too bulky for archery IMO and too warm for early season. I've been thinking about trying the Shale. I have the FL merino and fingerless. Nice options but no grip at all.

LET'S GO BLUES!!!

All my clothes are first lite except for their gloves. From what I researched they're all merino based and I wanted something a little more weather resistant therefore I went with Kuiu for gloves. Couldn't be happier the fit and dexterity of a worn in pair can't beat in my opinion.

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
I agree Jimbo. I am not a huge Kuiu guy, but I love their guide gloves. Good fit, good grip, and pretty tough after a year of use.

twall13

WKR
Has anyone tried the First Lite soft-shell shell shooting 2.0 or the First Lite Shale Hybrid gloves? I am the same as the OP and would like to find some durable gloves good for rifle elk hunting in Utah most likely in October.
I have them and they are a nice glove for sure but they would be a bit much for archery. I like them because they are really water resistant. Having said that, I actually have a pair of the Core4 element soft shell gloves as well and they are nearly identical to the first lite gloves. The biggest difference is you can but three for the price of one pair of the first lite gloves. Blackovis.com has a god price on them.

My favorite glove is actually the Kryptek krypton glove. It's slightly thicker than a typical liner but once it is on I totally fotget it's there. They just fit well. I think the velcro helps with the fit but i know some guys don't like velcro. They can get a bit stinky with extended use but as long as I wash them between trips I'm good.

ChrisS

WKR
I liked the UA gloves that I tried on in the store, but they're not touch sensitive, so I can't use them. I hate having to take gloves off just to adjust my screen size for Gaia or my RINO, or shoot a quick text message. My other early season gloves, I pulled some stitches out of the inside index finger seam, so I could just poke a finger out as needed.

I hate gloves in general, though.

I have a light glove from bass pro actually. I think it's a redhead brand. Has the touch sensitive fingers and some grippy strips. I use it in archery and rifle and will even layer it under heavy gloves .

JDZ

WKR
All my clothes are first lite except for their gloves. From what I researched they're all merino based and I wanted something a little more weather resistant therefore I went with Kuiu for gloves. Couldn't be happier the fit and dexterity of a worn in pair can't beat in my opinion.
Which Kuiu gloves do you have?