Glass vs contacts while hunting and scouting

I used to carry a pair of clear prescription glasses for dusk/dawn and a pair of prescription sunglasses for daytime, but this year I bought a pair of Oakley Flak 2.0 frames with Transitions Signature Gen 8 lenses. One pair to do it all!

49493607668_967a158d7a_c.jpg

I have astigmatism and I also have rheumatoid arthritis and take humira. Every lasik place in Denver that I've spoken to rejects me immediately. My rheumatologist told me that she has many patients who get lasik. Is there some conspiracy against me or are there only certain places that take arthritis/humira patients?

It’s the rheumatoid arthritis that scares us. That suggests some sort of inflammation to connective tissue, which happens to be the same tissue type the cornea is. So we worry cutting on your cornea May incite an inflammatory reaction and make things go bad quickly.

Yeah for you, the only option would be an ICL if you were in the parameters of that. Or a lens exchange procedure where you essentially do cataract surgery before you develop a cataract (cash pay but it is a more permanent solution). But it still begs the question that there is little in the way to fine tune things if you don’t heal properly...that dang autoimmune stuff!

I used to carry a pair of clear prescription glasses for dusk/dawn and a pair of prescription sunglasses for daytime, but this year I bought a pair of Oakley Flak 2.0 frames with Transitions Signature Gen 8 lenses. One pair to do it all!

49493607668_967a158d7a_c.jpg

Oohh! How do you like them? How well do they work with binoculars? I like this idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oohh! How do you like them? How well do they work with binoculars? I like this idea!
Overall, I think they’re great. Using binoculars without glasses is definitely more comfortable, but I’m in the crowd that values the eye protection while hunting/shooting. These lenses curve around your face, so the peripheral vision is pretty good, too.

Guys/gals, get lasik and be done with glasses and contacts. If you are above age 40-45, then a lens replacement with a multi focal lens will have you seeing things from distance to reading zone quite easily and you won’t have to worry about fosses or contacts again.

This is what I do, it is a safe surgery to have with today’s technology and there are lots of options out there for everyone, including those with astigmatism.

Money is a factor, but you are gonna spend that same money over your life on glasses or contacts anyway, so get rid of the hassle and come see me in sunny Dallas Fort Worth and we can hook you up with a vision improving surgery.

I know some folks around the country doh g this stuff as well, and will answer any questions you have, so feel free to ask away about your local doc or eye stuff in general
I had a lasik consultation 4-5 years ago. They said no as they could not improve my vision because of my astigmatisms…. Stuck with contacts and glasses.

Make sure you check your zero between glasses and contacts mine was a couple of inch's off,
got lazer done and would never go back to glasses or contacts anymore

Have astigmatism as well. Wear glasses pretty much all week at work. Contacts on the weekend for shooting and outdoors stuff. I hate fogging glasses, and need the ability to put sunglasses on and off outdoors. I have the monthly contacts and can keep them in for a few days without any discomfort - I also keep re-wetting drops in my pocket for occasional drying out issues while glassing or in the wind. (I am not a doctor, they probably frown on this)

3 pages in.

Near sighted eye glass wearers need low power and big eye relief.

8x42, 8x50, 8x56, 8.5x42 some 8x32 but rare.

10x42 is rare, 10x50 might be ok. 10x56 should be good.

12x56 should be good.

You need at least 20mm of actual eye relief. This is different than measured eye relief. You need 20mm from the glass to your eyeball.

Some times there might seem to be too much. Like 23mm. But those optics usually have a mid-setting. You can take a zip tie and block the tube out for those ones. That way they are set up for you.

I have a pair of Swarovski EL 8x42 TA they are ok. The 10x56 Swarovski EL's are a dream.

I have 20-450 vision and am legally blind without my glasses.

I have never been an contact wearer.

Back