Giant in estes

sndmn11

"DADDY"
80s
I think he might be lacking mass to go higher.

I'd shoot him if he broke everything off except for the brow tines, I like when the curve up to make a crown.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
Man gonna be some late season tag holders hoping and praying he slips up, way I see it, 55 inch main beams, average 20 inch tines, 30 inches of mass, 45 inches of spread he breaks 400 easy
Yeah same. Seems like it would be hard to hold up all that hardware! Hopefully some “hunter” doesn’t do something stupid. Wouldn’t be the first time up there…

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yeah same. Seems like it would be hard to hold up all that hardware! Hopefully some “hunter” doesn’t do something stupid. Wouldn’t be the first time up there…
Yeah I still remember when “Sampson” got whacked at ymca camp when I was a little guy. I think this bull knows his boundaries and probably doesn’t leave town much

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
He's a "pet" now used to living a reasonably easy life (for an elk) around town. I'll put my money on "some hunter does something stupid."

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I know most Elk hunters only dream of an animal like that coming into range for a shot. I think it would be a shame to kill such a majestic animal. There are lost of other trophy elk out there, let that beauty pass. I think I could let him slide, at least I hope I would. ?????????????????????????????...My trophy hunting days are over.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
My wife used to run in the Rooftop Pro Rodeo there in Estes every year. Was one that I always liked to fly into and checkout all the elk in that immediate area. I have some really cool photos on my PC, going back to around 2012 from that area.

cnelk

WKR
I also remember when Samson got killed.
Now, in his memory, there is what is called the Samson Law

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
I know most Elk hunters only dream of an animal like that coming into range for a shot. I think it would be a shame to kill such a majestic animal. There are lost of other trophy elk out there, let that beauty pass. I think I could let him slide, at least I hope I would. ?????????????????????????????...My trophy hunting days are over.
Yeah, and I would have beat a naked Shania Twain off with a stick circa 1995. Uh huh…

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR

Could you imagine the fine for this guy? Wowzers!

His rack is very identifiable, I wonder if he was around last year. Hard to believe he’d be bigger next year though.

It's bad when the fines don't cover the cost of a hunt.

Needs to be updated.

Reminds me of, it's only illegal if you get caught.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I’ll be real, a bull like that with a tag in pocket legally. I would never let slide, 0 chance. There is a chance I get bull fever and flub the shot, but I am shooting