Getting out of California

KurtR

WKR
It’s ALWAYS better to be smart about things. My new favorite phrase is “it depends”. You could pet 9 dogs from 9 junkyards and assume junkyard dogs are mean. Some would extrapolate that ALL dogs are mean. Being able to think rationally and critically is ONLY taught in engineering universities and the school of hard knocks.
Engineers thinking rationally that was a good one i just spit water all over my keyboard laughing

Billinsd

WKR
Hard to get along with, hard to work with, the "I can do anything I want" attitude, the "I'm smarter than everybody else" attitude, etc, etc. I could go on for pages.
Sounds like me!!! : ) Aren’t most people hard to get along with work with? I think I’m smarter than “most”, certainly not everyone, and I make some supper doopers. I can do most anything I want if I’m cleaver and smart about it, which is occasionally. I strive to be a deep, smart, kind, humorous, helpful, sincere, good, guy.

Billinsd

WKR
Engineers thinking rationally that was a good one i just spit water all over my keyboard laughing
LOL I said they are “taught” that in universities. We are linear thinkers. What other professions have more rational, logical people than engineering? What do you have against engineers? We can be very problematic and are generally neurotic like most highly intelligent people.

Hnthrdr

WKR
LOL I said they are “taught” that in universities. We are linear thinkers. What other professions have more rational, logical people than engineering? What do you have against engineers? We can be very problematic and are generally neurotic like most highly intelligent people.
But what about emotional intelligence Bill?! 😆

Cannonball

Lil-Rokslider
Engineers/designers should be forced to operate, maintain, and repair what they design prior to production 😂

KurtR

WKR
Most have good ideas on paper and not so much in execution in the real world is my experience in 20 plus years of construction. Plus its fun messing with them as they cant take a joke

I'm not taking offense to anything you said at all. "Intellectual intelligence" wasn't mean to be differentiated from emotional intelligence, it was you being redundant in an effort to try really hard to sound smart. Dude- you're on a hunting website and you claim you're trying to differentiate emotional from intellectual intelligence? You don't get it. ...and... that makes you a lot like most of many of the Californians who many folks on this site have met.

Also, you said I have "little intelligence". This is unclear to me- what kind are you referring to??? :)

You write like a guy who has taken some college classes and has decided he's smarter than most other people. Again... you sound like a Californian.

As for my opinions... I have plenty of them and one of them is coming through pretty clearly in this post and my last too. I formed that opinion all by myself too!

One last comment- I know some absolutely awesome people with good heads on their shoulders who live in CA. I wish there were more of them, but they do most definitely exist!

No, i didn’t say you have little intelligence. I said IF…then you’d have little intelligence. I wouldnt jump to a conclusion that fast. I am referring to intelligence in its entirety in this case. Doesn’t make a difference here.

I will make sure I take my opinion of you and apply it to other guys from Montana.

This shouldn’t have sparked such a heated debate considering the views I have about the state. I guess when you group the entire population all together it causes the urge to debate.

Billinsd

WKR
Engineers/designers should be forced to operate, maintain, and repair what they design prior to production 😂
Hey most of us are not allowed any tools at work. In Russia, civil engineers must stand below their bridges or in front of their dams.

My experience with engineers is they think they are smart enough to do anything.

They are wrong.

Billinsd

WKR
Most have good ideas on paper and not so much in execution in the real world is my experience in 20 plus years of construction. Plus its fun messing with them as they cant take a joke
You are right on the money!!!! Good engineers are good in the real world. That’s how I am better than most, because I’m very practical and also very critical of my own work. Many engineers hurt themselves on job sites, because they are so distracted.

Scoot

WKR
I will make sure I take my opinion of you and apply it to other guys from Montana.

This shouldn’t have sparked such a heated debate considering the views I have about the state. I guess when you group the entire population all together it causes the urge to debate.
That would be just fine, if I was from Montana. I figured you'd know that, given how damn smart you are...

The thing you fail to grasp is that it's your "I know better than you dullards" attitude that is sparking debate.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Engineers and Californians have a lot in common, they both like to tell you how much better and smarter they are than you.

The bad ones think that way and many are bad. Me, I learn from good Contractors and operators etc. Knowing ones limitations helps make one wise.
Agreed. Most engineers have no business filing tax returns or being a CFO for their business.

Same way I shouldn't be allowed to build anything of importance to public safety.

That would be just fine, if I was from Montana. I figured you'd know that, given how damn smart you are...

The thing you fail to grasp is that it's your "I know better than you dullards" attitude that is sparking debate.

I’m pretty sure I said that I am not disagreeing with anyone or saying anyones opinion doesn’t have merit! There isn’t anything to know better or know worse/less of here. I didn’t think throwing all people from California into one bucket was a mature or open minded thing to do. Sorry if what I said was taken in a way that I made it seem like I am somehow more informed about your experience with people from CA in your home state and that your opinion was based on fluff or lacked merit.

Billinsd

WKR
Agreed. Most engineers have no business filing tax returns or being a CFO for their business.

Same way I shouldn't be allowed to build anything of importance to public safety.
Most should not be allowed to supervise others either. Yes, engineers are horrific managers and generally terrible with people.