Getting back in the gym after 90 days

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
Hi everyone,

I had to take the last 3 months off from actually getting to workout due my coworker getting in an accident and I was covering his schedule and mine. Good news is that he is finally recovered and able to work doing light work. I got back to the gym this Monday and I was shocked at how much I had lost in strength and endurance. My diet didn't falter much during the time I was doing my 16 hour days / 6 days a week.....but man was I exhausted all of the time.

Fortunately I don't have any hunts until mid September. Anyone have any advice on getting endurance back? I think I can scale most of my workouts pretty easy. I figured this would take awhile . Advice on how much rest to work days I should do since just starting back. I was a 5 day a week mix of functional fitness and regular apartment gym. Functional was 3 days a week plus some running in the evenings. Am I crazy to start that back up right now?

Thanks for any advice . I just don't want to do something stupid and get hurt to where I can't hunt in September and October. Once November rolls around I just sit in a stand.

dtrkyman

WKR
Slow and steady to start, let your body tell you if and when to ramp it up.

I wouldn't go hard more than 3 days a week, rest is when you rebuild what you broke down training!

OP
rkcdvm

rkcdvm

Lil-Rokslider
I'm starting to wonder if im eating enough too. Since I'm not doing much physical work until this week my appetite went down a lot too. I lost about 10 pounds during this time as well. I don't count calories but my food intake is significantly different. May be stress too

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
The first and foremost thing is that don’t rush too much, take it easy. Make a proper workout plan.
20-60 minutes of aerobic workouts would be enough. Alone with, I'd suggest a HIIT bike workout plan for 10-60 minutes as it is good for burning calories, increases metabolic rate, and also good for endurance. You should try these kinds of workouts in order to build endurance and become stronger.

96Griz

FNG
I’d just try to gain some strength back from working 90+ hour weeks and losing 10 lbs. I would argue doing that then focusing on endurance work would be best.