Gear hits and misses

turbo406

FNG
What's a piece of gear you wish you would have gotten sooner and a piece of gear you regret buying?

My hit is hands down my suppressor

My misses at the moment are a few garbage packs that are collecting dust

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hit: Wiser Precision BA-7 Bino Adapter

Miss: Kifaru Lost Park Parka
What don’t you like about the lost park parka? I’m not a Kifaru fan at all but my LPP is one of my favorite pieces of gear, in fact I was just looking at buying another one.

Edit: I just found that kifarunis up to their same old fuckery, they gave me a free shipping code, when I tried to use it for an LPP it said that I can’t use it and wanted to charge me 84.00 for shipping.

Last edited:
Hits: RRS TFCT-34L w/ Anvil head, and Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56
Miss: Sig Kilo6K rangefinding binos

When I do finally get rangefinding binos again they have to have top tier glass or I won't use them. I put off getting a tripod I could shoot off of for years and now that I have one I use it constantly for shooting/glassing. The Nightforce scope only just arrived 2 days ago but my brain needs the peace of mind not worrying about my scope losing zero. So even though the eyebox is tighter than my Razor G3 by a fair bit (I like the MIL-C reticle more though), I don't mind.

What don’t you like about the lost park parka? I’m not a Kifaru fan at all but my LPP is one of my favorite pieces of gear, in fact I was just looking at buying another one.

Edit: I just found that kifarunis up to their same old fuckery, they gave me a free shipping code, when I tried to use it for an LPP it said that I can’t use it and wanted to charge me 84.00 for shipping.
Being a super tough, synthetic puffy it is just the wrong piece of gear for my use case. It is way too heavy and bulky. I mainly backpack hunt across a few different states in the lower 48 (Utah & Idaho mostly), so I have zero need for synthetic insulation. Also, I only wear a puffy in static situations like when I am glassing or making dinner, so I don’t need it to be very tough. The puffy use the most now (SG Grumman) is probably the least tough piece of gear I own, but it is still going strong 4 seasons in because I am never wearing it while busting through brush or dodging tree branches.

If you are still looking to buy one, I will sell you mine. Ranger green, half zip, size large, very light use.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Being a super tough, synthetic puffy it is just the wrong piece of gear for my use case. It is way too heavy and bulky. I mainly backpack hunt across a few different states in the lower 48 (Utah & Idaho mostly), so I have zero need for synthetic insulation. Also, I only wear a puffy in static situations like when I am glassing or making dinner, so I don’t need it to be very tough. The puffy use the most now (SG Grumman) is probably the least tough piece of gear I own, but it is still going strong 4 seasons in because I am never wearing it while busting through brush or dodging tree branches.

If you are still looking to buy one, I will sell you mine. Ranger green, half zip, size large, very light use.
If it was an xl I’d say wake you up on that.

Hits. Zeiss Diavari scope. Swarovski SLC 8x42

Miss - too many turkey calls to name funniest - MAD turkey whistle (if you have to ask you’re too young). Evinrude with etech. 440c stainless steel knives.

Wheels

WKR
MAD turkey whistle (if you have to ask you’re too young)
Suckered a lot of people with that gimmick! Yes, I was one of them, worked great at annoying the dogs.