Gear hits and misses

turbo406

FNG
What's a piece of gear you wish you would have gotten sooner and a piece of gear you regret buying?

My hit is hands down my suppressor

My misses at the moment are a few garbage packs that are collecting dust

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hit: Wiser Precision BA-7 Bino Adapter

Miss: Kifaru Lost Park Parka
What don’t you like about the lost park parka? I’m not a Kifaru fan at all but my LPP is one of my favorite pieces of gear, in fact I was just looking at buying another one.

Edit: I just found that kifarunis up to their same old fuckery, they gave me a free shipping code, when I tried to use it for an LPP it said that I can’t use it and wanted to charge me 84.00 for shipping.

Last edited:
Hits: RRS TFCT-34L w/ Anvil head, and Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56
Miss: Sig Kilo6K rangefinding binos

When I do finally get rangefinding binos again they have to have top tier glass or I won't use them. I put off getting a tripod I could shoot off of for years and now that I have one I use it constantly for shooting/glassing. The Nightforce scope only just arrived 2 days ago but my brain needs the peace of mind not worrying about my scope losing zero. So even though the eyebox is tighter than my Razor G3 by a fair bit (I like the MIL-C reticle more though), I don't mind.

What don’t you like about the lost park parka? I’m not a Kifaru fan at all but my LPP is one of my favorite pieces of gear, in fact I was just looking at buying another one.

Edit: I just found that kifarunis up to their same old fuckery, they gave me a free shipping code, when I tried to use it for an LPP it said that I can’t use it and wanted to charge me 84.00 for shipping.
Being a super tough, synthetic puffy it is just the wrong piece of gear for my use case. It is way too heavy and bulky. I mainly backpack hunt across a few different states in the lower 48 (Utah & Idaho mostly), so I have zero need for synthetic insulation. Also, I only wear a puffy in static situations like when I am glassing or making dinner, so I don’t need it to be very tough. The puffy use the most now (SG Grumman) is probably the least tough piece of gear I own, but it is still going strong 4 seasons in because I am never wearing it while busting through brush or dodging tree branches.

If you are still looking to buy one, I will sell you mine. Ranger green, half zip, size large, very light use.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Being a super tough, synthetic puffy it is just the wrong piece of gear for my use case. It is way too heavy and bulky. I mainly backpack hunt across a few different states in the lower 48 (Utah & Idaho mostly), so I have zero need for synthetic insulation. Also, I only wear a puffy in static situations like when I am glassing or making dinner, so I don’t need it to be very tough. The puffy use the most now (SG Grumman) is probably the least tough piece of gear I own, but it is still going strong 4 seasons in because I am never wearing it while busting through brush or dodging tree branches.

If you are still looking to buy one, I will sell you mine. Ranger green, half zip, size large, very light use.
If it was an xl I’d say wake you up on that.