Garmin or ballistic app is wrong?

I have a kestrel 5700 to check environmentals on, what I’m saying is I get different readings from a when I run the calculations everything else being the same. Example 3100da 41*f 1000yds one time I may get 7.8mil the next I may get 6.3 mil

I’ll get deleting the rifle out and reentering it to see if that solves it though
Dosnt your 5700 have applied ballistics? I run all my dope from the kestrel always spot on. Never used the Bluetooth function or app to obtain drop etc, straight from solver after measuring conditions, adjusting bc seems like a crutch and should be something else simple.

OP
R
Of course when you take it to the dr it starts behaving but ya I’ll keep screen shots when it goes goofy. I used to be a John Deere gps tech and you’d be amazed the number of times power off and on fixed things

OP
R
Dosnt your 5700 have applied ballistics? I run all my dope from the kestrel always spot on. Never used the Bluetooth function or app to obtain drop etc, straight from solver after measuring conditions, adjusting bc seems like a crutch and should be something else simple.
It’s the basic one not the elite but ya it’s I need to get more familiar with it. Right now it’s faster for me to get readings in basic mode from it and then enter into the app instead of upping range in kestrel

Do u have a redundant process? Like range line of sight, have degree of angle given then input the range and degree of target then obtain drop with atmospheric conditions measured?, have also taken target bearing etc…

OP
R
So I think I found part of the problem. I originally had auto populate environmental on and then I would clear them out and enter mine over the top. I used it semi as a sanity check to see if I was close to what the app said. I don’t know if it was holding onto part of those readings or what but since I turned it off it’s much more consistent. Still not real happy with the dope it’s giving me but I’ll have to try a tall target test to see if the lrhs is tracking correctly.