Garmin forerunner 745

LoggerDan

WKR
Hey hey.

The Woman just give me said watch. First watch I’ve owned in a decade or so. Now, I’m not terribly swift when it comes to gadgets and doodads and such, so don’t kick my ass too hard.

I’ve read the manual, and made it pair with my little ol junk phone, but it still seems kind of complicated to me and I don’t don’t fully understand what it can do for me.
Does the thing have any mapping capabilities? I guess it has gps, but it’s looking like it’s geared more towards running and biking on roads and trails. Is that the case? Does it work out in the sticks? Last gps aside from onX I had was 15+ years ago and I remember in really deep woods my gps wouldn’t work and the onX is pretty doggone hit or miss while in airplane mode.

I really want to like this thing, but it has so many features that I really don’t care about. It’s a gift, so I don’t wanna be ungrateful and not use it. But I’m not sure how much good it’s going to do me aside from counting my steps and being an expensive wristwatch.

Anyone know what this watch can do in a hunting context? I sure appreciate your help.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just looked it up. Yes, it's really designed to collect your training date. One of its biggest features is the ability to store music, so you don't need another device while working out. Looks to have good GPS capabilities, too.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk