Game on

Finally got the gear review video posted! If you have any questions about the gear fire away. I'm working on more video for a couple of other sponsors that I didn't mention in the video. Also, the Kifaru pack is a Timberline T2 not a DT2 sorry!

Hardstalk

WKR
I may have missed it. But ive yet to see a pic or vid of these elusive bucks that you guys played cat and mouse with.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That video is coming... it was shot in HD, so much harder to edit.
I never got to bed until 3:00 am last night! Going to be worth it though if you like wide bucks and basket bucks.

Great gear review Cindy. Jodi just watched it too! You're a happy camper.

NSW41

FNG
My wife has always been one to make sure she is well prepared and equipped with good gear and this hunting trip was no exception. Great job on the gear vid Babe!!

jls

FNG
My late grandfather always called it the "Cowboy Kleenex"

I really enjoyed the updated hunt and videos. Great thread, hopefully you can get back after them later in the season.

I must admit with the head cold I had during this hunt that I was a snot factory! Thank goodness for the "cowgirl Kleenex" in this case! Honestly, I do try to be a lady.😊

I hope I can get a few more archery deer days before the hunt is over. I have an cow elk hunt that I will be taking my family on, (2) big bull hunts I will be guiding on and my husband and I have Utah rifle deer tags. Isn't fall great!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here they are peoples!

[video=vimeo;48868103]http://vimeo.com/48868103[/video]

I'd like some guesses on the following:
1) width on the wide buck
2) gross score on the basket buck

Also, has anyone noticed that we never even saw the buck we went there for? Sneaaaaaky

Last edited:

Hardstalk

WKR
There purdy! Im not much for field scoring so i cant help on the basket boy. But did you notice how the wide buck never left the shadows.. Pretty neat. And smart.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
yes Hardstalk, he was a vampire for sure. Most of the big deer I've been around act the same way. That is probably why we never saw the one we were really after.

VANDAL

WKR
Those are great bucks and awesome job getting video.

Wide buck- 29"
Basket buck- 181"

So Cindy, I know Robby is off to Colorado. Are you planning on going after these bucks again in the next 3 weeks? You obviously know a great deal about these bucks and their habits. Go gettem', you're over half way there in getting one of these bucks...just need more time and a little luck.

sneek-ee

WKR
awesome hunt to follow along with! and great footage along the way.

VANDAL's guesses are about what i'd say, gross 185"ish. wide buck 29".

Awesome deer!!

That basket buck is a nice deer, I was thinking somewhere around 175". He's got it all in the right places, just don't think his frame is big enough to hit 180" but I sure do like his fronts! Been wrong before though... lots of times... :)

Wide buck is pushing 30" outside... maybe just a tad under but he's right there

Mike

Those are great bucks and awesome job getting video.

Wide buck- 29"
Basket buck- 181"

So Cindy, I know Robby is off to Colorado. Are you planning on going after these bucks again in the next 3 weeks? You obviously know a great deal about these bucks and their habits. Go gettem', you're over half way there in getting one of these bucks...just need more time and a little luck.

I sure hope I can get a few more days in.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The big bucks are really smart. The one I am after this season isn't a fan of having his picture taken, he stays in the trees the majority of the time. When he is feeding its constant movement in the shadows, never really letting anything or anyone pinpoint where he will be.

The wide buck is at least 29. I won't guess a score on the basket buck.

The big bucks are really smart. The one I am after this season isn't a fan of having his picture taken, he stays in the trees the majority of the time. When he is feeding its constant movement in the shadows, never really letting anything or anyone pinpoint where he will be.

The wide buck is at least 29. I won't guess a score on the basket buck.

You still chasing him?