Game on

Backpacking Food

[video=vimeo;49214034]http://vimeo.com/49214034[/video]

This video shows some of the backpacking food I made for the Mule Deer Project.

Robby can vouch for this, there is no way I would eat what I planned for a day's calories. I found out on this hunt that I didn't eat very much and the reason for that is because Robby is a terrible cook! JK ;) Robby is actually a great cook.

On this hunt we had a pretty good hike each day into our area. If I eat before I workout I get a stomach ache so I'd have a little hot chocolate in the morning and then I wouldn't eat again until a mid morning snack. Many days I didn't eat the lunch I had packed until we were back at camp and then we'd have supper later in the evening. That's how this hunt went and remember the weather was very hot. If it had been cooler I'd probably have eaten more to stay warm.

Jodi, Robby's wife makes a gorp out of honey roasted peanuts, semi sweet chocolate chips and dates. That was really good and a great mid morning snack.

The important part is to go prepared. I have learned a lot about dehydrating and had some fun making my own backpacking food.

Hips Archery Targets

[video=vimeo;49240086]http://vimeo.com/49240086[/video]

Thanks again to Darrin Brown and Hips Archery Targets!

Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Hiking Boots

[video=vimeo;49242464]http://vimeo.com/49242464[/video]

Thanks again to Jim Winjum and Kenetrek Boots!

Jodi

Super Moderator
Cindy, did you see the muzzeloader live hunt thread in the last few minutes? Robby sent me a text that only said, "Kabooom".

jacs22

FNG
Thanks for posting the videos. Hope you can get another day or two in after the bucks.

R

rebecca francis

Great videos Cindy!!! It has been so fun to follow this! I have been gone so much lately that I have to play catch-up every time I return. You are so amazing! Keep it up!

Great videos Cindy!!! It has been so fun to follow this! I have been gone so much lately that I have to play catch-up every time I return. You are so amazing! Keep it up!

You're the amazing one! Your buck is a beauty!!! Congratulations. Thanks for your support I really appreciate it.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Great stuff Robby and Cindy!!! Fun to follow along on the this thread and other live hunts. Wish we could do something like that up there, but wireless technology isn't quite there yet for 95% of Alaska to pull it up very easily. :D Thanks for sharing the hunts, looks like a great time was had by both of ya.

Great stuff Robby and Cindy!!! Fun to follow along on the this thread and other live hunts. Wish we could do something like that up there, but wireless technology isn't quite there yet for 95% of Alaska to pull it up very easily. :D Thanks for sharing the hunts, looks like a great time was had by both of ya.

Thanks for following Luke. You and Becca would ROK the live hunts!

Thanks to all of you for following this live hunt thread. The Idaho archery season has closed. Hopefully, those Idaho bucks make it through the rifle season and the winter. Maybe I'll get another opportunity to hunt them.

During the Utah elk hunts we saw several bucks so we are excited for the rifle season. I did get some video of a pretty good buck that I will try to get posted.

Thanks again!