Game on

NSW41

FNG
Love the play by play but the suspense is killing me!! Good luck you two.

Honey! Glad your on here! So fun to share it with you the girls and everybody! Can't wait to have you join us!

Robby here stALKED TO HIS LAST bed but just big traks DId. Not spook Backing out to glass new. Angle he's right here close

Hey Katelyn awesome to have you following! Thanks for being ok with Dad coming. I appreciate that! Say Hi to Grace! We made a good stalk but he just wasn't there. That's why it's called hunting!😊

Robby here Glassed all manageable cover He got somewhere here we can't glass Backing out Good to hunt tomarow Not spooked We tried
Cindy getS next stalk

barmar65

Lil-Rokslider
I love this live hunt forum. Fantastic job to both of you , its has to be hard hunting and keeping us all updated at the same time. i leave for wyoming next sunday and hopefully I will be able to post some of the hunt. The posts certainly will not be anything close to these awesome hunts. Staying glued to this thread anxiously waiting for whatever outcome happens.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Made it to the truck, 1:10 straight off the mountain. Feels like we're standing on a hot griddle.

Killer hunt day! These are the days I dream about all winter. Great buck, bedded down, all day to make the stalk, and a little wind. Just couldn't find his final bed without stirring the place up.

What happened was he had bedded about 9:30, so I figured he'd probably move one more time but we were at least a mile as the crow flys and two +
walking distance, so we had to close the gap some. The last time we saw him, he was up feeding in the shadows of a small maple patch and disappeared on the north side of them with his sentry 2 point. This was 10:30 or so and they rarely go far after that.

We said a little prayer, flipped a coin, and I got the stalk. We booked it over there and was within 80 yards of his last location within 45 minutes. We pussyfooted around there for 2 hours glassing every nook/cranny in about a 100 yard circle and finally found his empty bed, Could see his big clomper tracks and he had not spooked. We worked our way around the way he went and only could find two 10 acre patches of thick maple and a few big sage/bitterbrush in the open. Can't go after them with a bow in the big stuff unless I know exactly where they bedded. Heartbroke, we backed out to hunt him another day. I'm 95% sure we never spooked him.

He's about a 28" or so 4x5. Good lookin' buck, just missing his left G2. He's probably the buck I saw the day before the opener. Only got a glimpse of him then and he was facing away and still in velvet, so looked bigger than this buck. However, now that I've got him in the 30x swaro and he's rubbed clean, I think it was him. We'd be very happy with him.

We still have not seen that 180 or so buck or the BIG deer that brought us here. We were reminded today, though, that they are probably right here somewhere.

Thanks for following, more to come.

Cindy's husband Nick is here now, so we've got some extra eyes! Nice guy just bought me dinner and gave me a new hat for taking good care of Cindy. Easy job

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Cash and Sophia, Loved the pic. thanks for following the hunt. Daddy loves you and misses you. Talk soon