Staff member
Video from when we spotted him
[video=vimeo;48672205]http://vimeo.com/48672205[/video]

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Cindy's husband, Nick Wamsley, is in camp now. Sorry sap doesn't know what he's in for since his wife got a taste of big deer hunting. I came out of my tent and she was fitting him with one of her old packs. He's smiling now, but we'll see if that lasts when she herds him up the mountain tomorrow.
attachment.php

Also, keeping clean is important in this up-close hunting in hot weather. I bring a solar shower and try and shower every few days. Here's my tent (told you I shop Army Surplus) that I put the shower in.
attachment.php

I just hoist it up in the tent, lay a tarp on the floor, and wala! I smell like a daisy.
attachment.php

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome, loving the updates! Pretty awesome that Nick made it in to hang out with you both, how special! And Robby even showered for the occasion :)

Best of luck tomorrow gang, sure rooting for you!!!

muleyman

Lil-Rokslider
Robby and Cindy, sounds like the hunt is coming right along..... remember this is where perseverance pays off!! As for those lope steaks I think we can accommodate....1st day, 6 goats, 3 first time hunters. Incredible experiences!! I got a good clean long range kill on video (710 yards) and Matts son Austin (16 yrs) I also got on video making an incredible 630 yd one shot kill, 6 more tags to fill tomorrow then back to muleys in Idaho!! I've got some good ones found if you guys decide you need a change of scenery!!!
Best of luck!!!!

Day 4 of hunting. I'm super excited to have my husband Nick here. We're almost ready to the start of our hike. It's gonna be a great day!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Tyler, great shooting!

Rick S. Yes the rain did help quite a bit. Deer were out about an hour longer and so much quieter getting around.

Up at 4:15. Nick is all spry and giddy right now, but he hasn't seen the mountain yet :)

Temps in the 40s, crystal clear, much cooler. Deer should be out.

BTW, if you haven't read David Long's book, or you have, we are using all the phases of glassing he mentions to find these bucks

D

david long

Good luck guys! Wish I was there to help. Instead, I am pulling carpet out of my house:(

Found our buck! He's with another great heavy buck. We've found 2 of the 3 big ones Robby scouted up. We're gonna close some distance!

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Sure hope to come home from church to pics of a big bruiser on the ground! Best of luck!

Nick and I are watching a couple 2 points in the same area we last saw the big bucks. Robby's gone over the ridge to see if they've crossed over.

To all you ladies following who may have a desire to go hunting. GO! I'm just an ordinary wife and Mom who loves to be outdoors and loves to hunt. If I can do this you can too.

To all the men out there who may have a wife, sister, niece, cousin, friend etc. take them with you. Often times all they need is the opportunity. If you can help them have a good experience it will pay off.

Don't think you have to be superhuman to go hunting. I've fallen down out here, had a couple coughing fits (one during a stalk), forgot my bow twice and even left one lens cover on while glassing! The important part is to have fun and be able to laugh at yourself. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346598452.942628.jpg

Jodi

Super Moderator
Don't think you have to be superhuman to go hunting. I've fallen down out here, had a couple coughing fits (one during a stalk), forgot my bow twice and even left one lens cover on while glassing! The important part is to have fun and be able to laugh at yourself. View attachment 3099
Love it, Cindy. That is exactly the kind of stuff that I do. You have a great attitude. BTW, ask Robby what happened the first time he took me hunting. You will have a good laugh.