Game on

Great pic of Cindy........Robby, man I don't know if you guys kill a big buck it's gonna be weird seeing all those deer hunters running around shirtless!!

Its called natural camo. New brand hot off the press. Kuiu/kifaru got nothing on this stuff. Its an invisible shirt. Weighs less than half an ounce. Best of all it only costs $700.00 for a large tee shirt. Let the feeding frenzy begin :)

Robby here So we hike 1500 ft get to top I'm sweating like a hore in church but marathon woman just a sheen like a pearl.i send her down ridge, strip my shirt to dry out and she snapping pics If she wasnt here I'd went down to undies! can't glass if shivering Geeeeez I'm. Never gonna hear the end

Hey Darin we've been praising your archery knowledge. Thankfully when we shot our bows Wednesday I didn't have to make any sight adjustments for the slick trick 85's. They flew great. Thanks!

Every hunter here has dropped a garment or two to dry off/cool off, it's just usually nobody ever catches it on film to show the "extreme world BUT if that's how you roll..........

THanks Rick, at least someone understands. We tried to warn everyone Rokslide is extreme (and even a little weird)

off the mountian at 12:30. Saw about a dozen or so bucks but still not the bigger two. Cindy really getting the hang of glassing, she's showing me deer now! That whopper Vortex is a good spotting scope and she's getting good with it.

She bedded a 3 point (maybe the same one that was with the big deer I photographed) and got to watch him for a few hours seeing how bucks behave. If she would've wanted this 3 point, he could have been in trouble. Bedded on under a little rim, with all the other deer below him, but she's holding out. Good job Cindy!

Darin,
you trained her well. We got two hours of shooting in since arrival. As long as she keeps her form, she's deadly to 50+. This is a woman who was shooting instinctively with fingers until a few months ago. Good job man! you are a great teacher.

Thanks Robby - But I think the credit here should go to Cindy as she was an excellent student and has that natural ability that makes it fairly easy for her to pick up. Made my job easy! Glad to hear the form is holding up.

Remember when it's time to shoot your buck - that deer is just another target, follow your routine, pick a spot and aim until you hear the arrow hit it's mark! Go get em'!!

Coop

Hi Dad. Sophie and I want to say "hi". why didnt you shoot the deer when you were watching it for three hours?

Sophie says, " I hope you are having a fun time and I hope you get one."

Mom is making us clean our room. Cash is just laying around.

Awesome stuff!

One thing I'll applaud is how patient you are being with even attempting to stalk even small bucks to get practice... Just means that you're saving all your ninja stealth for the ONE! Wait for a situation you know you can make happen, go into the stalk 100% confident in your abilities and skills, trust your instincts, and HAVE FUN! Which it looks like you two are! Great job!

Mike

Thanks Mike. Yes, we are just waiting for the right buck and right stalk AND not wanting to pollute the area with blown stalks and wary deer. I just know there are at least two really good bucks here and maybe we can have a chance at them if we wait.

Having a blast. Glassed up a good 170 buck tonight but he was down on some private, so no chances at him. He may end up on the public.

Robby and Cindy, it sounds like you two are having a ball! Matt and I just rolled into Rawlins Wyoming....taking some kids and the wives on a pronghorn hunt, then back to Idaho scouting but we'll be checking in so keep it up.

Thanks for following, Tyler. I'd love to have some of those 'lope steaks!

Rick, you'd asked about headlamps. we use them minimally as they do spook game. we are accessing our areas as best as we can, by coming in through country that doesn't hold deer.

Back