Gaiter choice

Kotaman

WKR
I own all three of your choices and others. You can't go wrong with any of them. I really like the zipper on the Sitka Gaiters.

GKPrice

Banned
I own all three of your choices and others. You can't go wrong with any of them. I really like the zipper on the Sitka Gaiters.

me too - I'm giving the KUIU's a try based solely on thumbs ups here, I'll have both in October and again in November (and maybe again in December) - I'll for damn sure give them a good comparison

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
Best ones I've used so far were either the Kuiu Yukon or the FL Brambler (new for 2016). Both are stiffer to add support to ankles and are very abrasion resistant and water proof.

For a good budget "hunting" gaiter, I've also used the kennetrek ones for several years without issue. Missing some stiffness you'll find in the others, but a good all around choice if you don't go with the other two.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
f93735dbadeed06778bbecc37c2d08c2.jpg
with Salomon Speedcross...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for mentioning Firstlite. I hadn't looked at them.

I used the First Lite Bramblers for archery elk hunting last year in CO. They took a lot of abuse and seem bombproof. However for archery season when it’s warmer, they definitely run a little warm. For colder or wet weather, the First Lite gators would be a solid choice.

OutdoorAg

WKR
Only one Kenetrek mention so far, I'll give another nod to them. Sturdy strap, solid material. I've abused mine for years, still going strong. I like they come in solids, including an olive green.

Kotaman

WKR
That is odd...I’ve wore the same pair of Sitka Gaiters on 11 sheep/goat hunts and they are still going strong.

Had the sitka gators, didn't even make it through one sheep hunt before they ripped in the seam between the upper and lower part of the gator where the material changes thickness. Also had one of the button snaps rip out that hunt. Switched to the Kuiu gator and like them much better, holding up great through all the abuse i've put them through the last 2 years.