Gaia Automatically Creating Public Profile

Geez. I thought I had already changed mine but just opened the app, and it was all public.

OP
P
I think this has been shared but still a good reminder.

If anyone wants to know where not to kill elk, follow my trails lol.
I thought it might have been but I tried searching and didnt find anything so I figured it was worth the reminder!

BBob

WKR
Yeah I saw that when the app updated a couple of days ago. Typical corporate buyout BS. No use for the homepage in the app either. Just another sales tool trying to drive you to their and others products. All I wanted was my mapping app not all the other BS. I'm on year 4 of a 5 year discounted deal. I'll see how things go in the meantime. Fuq Outside and all their money grabbing paywalls and crap!

On another note: Fuking onX has to do the splash add garbage every time you open it. I paid for a mapping app not for advertising! Wasn't that the reason we originally upgraded to paid status so to skip the adds in the first place? :(

CJ19

WKR
Hope this hasnt been discussed anywhere else and I'm just repeating what everyone knows but I just saw that Gaia is automatically opting all users into a public profile through outsideonline.com, meaning that all activity will be publicly shared. To change to a private account, you have to log in and update your privacy settings via https://accounts.outsideonline.com/oidc-frontend/settings/privacy
Thanks for the heads up. I would not want peoplee finding all my favorite toilet log waypoints.

Carr5vols

WKR
Had mine private then it switched. Thanks for heads up...did look at some public information where I hunt and didn't know of a few wallows...some people post pics and more...

FYI, I had to log out of my account and reinstall the app to fix a glitch. After I got logged back in, my account had switched back to public, even though I switched it to private a few weeks ago.

SIR_34:16

Lil-Rokslider
FYI, I had to log out of my account and reinstall the app to fix a glitch. After I got logged back in, my account had switched back to public, even though I switched it to private a few weeks ago.
Thank you for update. I checked and mine was reset to public also after logging back in.