Full Length Resize Method

Looking at this route for my 6.5 cm; how is it working for you?
It works good. The only issue is if you use different brass with significantly different neck thickness, it can be tough to size the really thin ones as much as you want or you end up over working the thick ones.

Harvey_NW

WKR
or you end up over working the thick ones.
I think people over exaggerate this concept or neck splits would be more prevalent, but typically pockets get toasted before anything else. I mean if you plan to use same brand of brass and are keeping track, less is obviously optimal. I just don't think you're giving much up by using a standard FL sizing die, especially if you're annealing.

I think people over exaggerate this concept or neck splits would be more prevalent, but typically pockets get toasted before anything else. I mean if you plan to use same brand of brass and are keeping track, less is obviously optimal. I just don't think you're giving much up by using a standard FL sizing die, especially if you're annealing.

I think the main thing is I try to avoid the expander ball doing too much work. Not because I know it causes issues but rather 10 year old dogma in my brain about expander balls being bad..

49ereric

WKR
Spilt necks depend on brass manufacturer and cartridge is my experience.
My Remington brass in 6.5 magnum spilt necks on the first reloading.
The brass was old but looked fine. Pulled the ammo down and simple torch annealing and that stop the splitting.