Fuel canister question

I have a JetBoil MicroMo and I need to pick up some fuel for it. I am wanting the 100g canisters so they fit inside the cup when its in my pack, and the local store only has the 100g canisters in 3-season fuel. Their 4-season stuff is only in 230g and larger cans.

Do I need the 4-season fuel if I want to use my stove when its 30 degrees?

efnm

WKR
I wouldn't worry about it. Throw it in your sleeping bag at night if you are concerned about the morning cook.

Both fuel blends consist of a mixture of propane, butane, and isobutane. The 4-season blend has a higher percentage of propane than the 3-season, which lowers the fuel's boiling temperature and allows for use in colder weather. Without knowing the exact component percentages, you can't know the exact boiling point of the mixture, but you do know that it will fall somewhere between the boiling temperatures of pure butane and pure propane (30°F and -44°F at sea level air pressure, respectively). In short, you'll be fine with either blend at 30°F ambient temperature.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
If you do have an issue an easy solution is putting the canister in a cup and fill halfway eith cold or warm water. Jet boil comes with a cup right? Problem solved. Worked great with a windburner. Keeps the canister at least 33F if the water is liquid

Pbm20

FNG
Just used my jetboil for 6 days around 30 (sometimes higher, some lower) with a 3 season and no issues at all. I’ve tried the sleeping bag trick and it’s seems to help but never done a side by side test either.