From Flatlander to Billy Goat...One Man's Journey

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Thanks, rowing is out, can't seem to get my 18 month old daughter to sleep in her own bed for longer than 30 minutes. I'll be glad when we're outta this phase.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Motivation:
eqavuhar.jpg

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
If anyone has a recommendation for a calorie counting app I'm all ears, myfitnesspal will only log one thing then won't let me put anything else in for the rest of the day.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
If anyone has a recommendation for a calorie counting app I'm all ears, myfitnesspal will only log one thing then won't let me put anything else in for the rest of the day.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling...it is really the best one I have found!

kparrott

Lil-Rokslider

Like Becca said, uninstall and then reinstall. Also make sure you aren't closing the whole day when you choice a food, don't end/close the entry.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
1/24/13

BW squats:

Walking lunges:
BWx10@x3

Forgot my gym shoes at home, tried to just do something before I went to bed, really need to make it a point to do my workouts at work the first free moment I have. If I procrastinate and do research for hunts I wind up making excuses.

bounds

WKR
RH, glad to see you're still going at it! Keep it up! I'm with you on the working out at work. If I get some free time and put off getting up and working out, I'll research online and never get to my workout.

I saw you've got a calorie counter going. Nutrition is a HUGE part of being in shape. I didn't mention this earlier, but my wife is a nutrition consultant and does all one on one work. This gives her clients a plan that is specific to their body and their goals/needs. If you're interested in something like that, I can send you some more info.

Go hard today!

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Spent most of yeaterday getting a check from the bank so I could get my truck outta the body shop (hydroplaned on the way to work in December), then went on a date with my life. Didn't bother tracking my calories, but rest assured I ate way more calories than I needed.

Ran 3 miles today, didn't eat breakfast and had red lobster for lunch and pizza for dinner, I gotta make it a point to log into myfitnesspal and track my calories, or I'm just gonna spin my wheels. I think I'll start posting my totals here...that should help keep me honest.

2yjymy2a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
RH, glad to see you're still going at it! Keep it up! I'm with you on the working out at work. If I get some free time and put off getting up and working out, I'll research online and never get to my workout.

I saw you've got a calorie counter going. Nutrition is a HUGE part of being in shape. I didn't mention this earlier, but my wife is a nutrition consultant and does all one on one work. This gives her clients a plan that is specific to their body and their goals/needs. If you're interested in something like that, I can send you some more info.

Go hard today!

Bounds, I'll send you a PM here in just a second man, been meaning to PM you back for awhile but haven't been at a computer recently.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Tried a trail run next to my house but the trail just ended up being horribly maintained, I kept running trying to find where it came back out at and ended up in the middle of the woods, had to back track back to the where it was maintained and finished out a mile. Pretty disappointing:

asapyrez.jpg

Then ran a 1.5 on the sidewalk next to the park I was at, my feet and caves are killing me, made for a pretty miserable run. Guess I haven't recovered from the three miles I ran.

u4y9u8a4.jpg

G Posik

WKR
rhendrix Looks like you are just on the other side of 290 from me. If you want to do a run or go do some bleacher climbs at CY-Fair stadium let me know. I have just completed day #3 of real easy running, tweaked a hamstring a few weeks ago. Week days I run at 0530, but Saturday a little later. Here in the next few weeks I will go and start bleacher climbs on Saturdays. I will do a couple of weeks then start adding weight in the back pack. Will PM you my number if you want to do some training.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Glen, I'd definitely like to get together and do some bleachers, can't make 0530 runs though, I work 24/48's and the day I'm coming off shift I don't get home until 8:15, and the next morning I've gotta get my kids to day care. Where do you run at around here? Any place that has some good trails? I know of some parks around Katy that I've heard have good trails with pullup bars and other stations, was looking for something closer though.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Taking a break from posting for awhile...me and my wife feel like we need to focus on us for a little bit and focusing on us and the kids, we tend to get caught up in the hustle of raising two kids and working full-time and don't make it a priority to spend quality time together. So, for the next 30 days we're completely disconnecting from the internet *gasp* and gonna spend time hanging out and talking before bed. I'll still log my workouts on my phone in my notes or the old-fashoined way with a pen and paper. See you guys in 30 days!

bounds

WKR
Awesome! This is definitely a great time of year for that. From hunting season to the holidays and new year, life can get out of hand. It's great to step back and revamp. I didn't respond to your pm in time so I'll have to talk to you more about nutrition when you get back. Enjoy it!

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
I'm back...in short, the past month has been horrible diet and fitness wise. Spiritually and emotionally though I think I am about as strong and determined as I have ever been in my life. This past month really gave me and my wife a much needed break from everything and time to reconnect with each other and church. So the month is not a total loss, in fact, if the only thing I did was delay my fitness goals by a month, I'm ok with that. That's not to say that I'm not disappointed in myself, because I am, but there's no reason I can't bounce back from a crappy month of training and diet and kick ass until August or September. Here's pretty much the gist of the whole month:

The first week of February I battled a sinus infection and in general felt like complete crap, which lead to me eating like crap and consequently I didn't work out at all. I worked out on 2/6 and 2/7, but woke up on 2/8 and could barely walk because I had excruitiaing pain in my arches and shins. Ended up being diagnosed with plantar fasciitis and was told to discontinue running, so feeling sorry for myself I just stopped working out altogether (again). Tried to get going again and ended up having some LODD's at our department the day after Valentine's Day and worked my butt off trying to help out with shift coverage and memorial services, etc. So the last two weeks have been busy and I found every excuse not to work out that I could think of.

Thankfully though, today is the start of a new month, and with the realization that I have less than 5 and half months left to get ready to hunt if I draw in Utah, I've got my motivation back. Gonna lay out my training ideas for the next 6 to 12 weeks on here, define my goals, log my meals, and log every workout from now until then.

Onward and upward!

Last edited: