"Free Land Holders" trying to claim land in SW CO

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
A group of people ("Free Land Holders") have moved into our county and fenced off approx 1000acres of USFS land in a popular recreation area. Not sure what kind of sh*t show this is going to turn into. All I have are Facebook "facts" about who these people are, but I have noticed women around town dressed like the Warren Jeffs group photos I've seen in the last week or two.

LFC911

WKR
Why would you have to wait for a federal judge to make a decision on who owns federal property?!? Seems pretty cut and dried to me. The homestead act was repealed in the lower 48 in 1976. Seems like everyone is looking for loopholes to take our public lands.

BTLowry

FNG
Can't be too mad at them for trying since the state of Utah has been in the news trying to grab fed land recently

For the record I think both the state and this group are in the wrong

Warren Jeffs group
I know who he is and who they are. My question is why hide your daughters? They don’t steal anyone’s girls and marry them. They marry within their own sect. It’s definitely not right having so many wives and underage but I’ve never heard of them stealing away women and girls.

TaperPin

WKR
I fail to see the reason to allow them to stay - if anyone can simply tell the sherif it’s a civil thing and take over FS land for the duration of a bogus lawsuit, it makes a mockery of the process.

I have no respect for a group of pedophiles.

Reactions: Duh