Freak's charged with felony

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
The checkerboarded land is not located near any rail system and will never be used. It's useless land for them and for the public. Thus the problem with checkerboarding. If I had to cross a corner of RR land I wouldn't have any moral issues with it. I accept all consequences of trespassing. I just know when I trespass I: a/won't get caught or b/if I did it would be a non issue. It's simple math. Same reason I would shed hunt out of "season"...I know I can do it without consequences and it's not a moral issue for me even as a Christian.
This is a joke, right?

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
In MN there is a railroad system where citizens/DNR employees routinely pass a blind eye to crossing the rail system. Different maybe with a gun vs a fishing rod.
That scenario exists all over the country, but that’s not what I was questioning. The moral high ground stance, as though being a Christian somehow exempts you from obeying the law….or makes you better than others. I’m not sure he realizes how narcissistic and unChristian that attitude truly is.

pcrossett

FNG
That scenario exists all over the country, but that’s not what I was questioning. The moral high ground stance, as though being a Christian somehow exempts you from obeying the law….or makes you better than others. I’m not sure he realizes how narcissistic and unChristian that attitude truly is.

My thoughts as well.

ProStaffSteve

Lil-Rokslider
I’m with ya 100%

sneaky

"DADDY"
Come on now, you know the title “YouTuber” has a negative connotation w many here. And from my perspective, some appear to be taking pleasure in his downfall. To me that’s lower behavior than trespassing, if we’re gonna gradate things, which we shouldn’t btw.

Maybe a bit. However, he hasn’t been convicted and he gets benefit of the doubt until that happens.

Haha. He is young to me.
Oh, he's been convicted before. If you ever met him you'd quickly understand the reasoning behind the comments here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i was leaving a lot comments on their youtube "educating" all of their subscribers about their poaching antics since they can;t delete those comments or block like on ig.. had a good run until they blocked me from commenting on those that commented lol . I can still comment on vids but damn they are quick!

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious what Eastman’s stance will be with Kryptek if all this wraps up and he’s convicted.. they take a pretty hard stance against poaching so it seems like they would want to part with kryptek if they plan on continuing to support a convicted poacher. Assuming he does end up guilty. The whole thing is so muddled with he said/she said misinformation that it’s damn near impossible to sort out what is what.

Rich M

WKR
I’m curious what Eastman’s stance will be with Kryptek if all this wraps up and he’s convicted.. they take a pretty hard stance against poaching so it seems like they would want to part with kryptek if they plan on continuing to support a convicted poacher. Assuming he does end up guilty. The whole thing is so muddled with he said/she said misinformation that it’s damn near impossible to sort out what is what.
Does MF own Kryptek?

If not - how does having the same sponsor make them supporting poachers? Askin' for a friend.

He said/she said only goes so far. He royally pissed off the landowner, hunting where he wasn't supposed to be and shooting the kid's deer, then driving out to get it. You only get he said/she said if you listen to his "video proof" and give him the time of day.

You have to consider his track record in all of this - he does whatever he wants and people have a history of being nice to him and letting him do this crap. Then they get upset that he screwed them.

The track record says he intentionally screwed the landowner. The landowner's actions confirm that. It is up to the judge as to whether or not the landowner will be vindicated or not. Not sure some mid-line try to pacify both sides decision is necessary in this case.

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
MF runs all of Kryptek's social media, that is the tie in with them to Kryptek.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sounds like it is a little more complicated then.

Eastmans is about as clean as they come. Too bad this dude might be muddying up their water too.

OXN939

WKR
I think part of my annoyance has been an apparent glee by some in the young man’s fall, because he’s a “YouTuber”, some have a prejudice towards this modern medium.

To provide some context for this... I think the reason so many people love watching these influencers get nailed is that it seems a lot like the universe paying out karma for the way these guys abuse the resource we all care about so much. The number of them that have started pushing the boundaries of ethical and moral hunting by taking unethical shots (Hushin), sketchy trespassing situations (Van Woerkom) or outright poaching operations (Bowmar) seems to have exploded since the amount of internet attention you get became correlated with money.

If you really do care about conservation and the future of our sport, I think it'd be really tough to watch one of these guys get caught after god knows how many years of exploiting the resource without feeling some degree of vindication.

OXN939

WKR
Have not and will not buy a piece of Kryptek, because of this clown.

These big companies need to come to on this. I did a poll on here a few months ago... over a hundred respondents said they were 8 times as likely to avoid a product they see being used by an influencer as they are to buy it.

Make the outdoors about being outdoors again.

Status
Not open for further replies.