Found rifle

dtrkyman

WKR
Just remembered I found a cell phone in a mud hole on an atv road, shockingly it charged up and turned on, called the kid and met him a few weeks later to give it back.

@ODB , I found that story:

Cranston, Rhode Island (August 24, 2004) - A professional hunter in Southern Austria inadvertently performed the longest, most realistic, environmental test on a riflescope in history. A Kahles Helia 6x42 riflescope, lost in the high mountain region of the Austrian Alps in the late 70s was recently found in technically perfect working condition.

FULL STORY and PHOTOS HERE: RIFLE WITH KAHLES SCOPE FOUND 30 YEARS LATER

Great story.

JL
Notice who posted that story?

WCB

WKR
Guy I used to work with lost his gun and hard case out of the back of his truck. Got to the truck threw his gun in the hard case and forgot to close the tailgate. Drove to the other side of his family's 120acres to pick up his brother. Realized what happened. Back tracked looking in the ditches....never found it. he said it was maybe 10 minutes someone must have drove by and grabbed it.

My dad lost a camo Mossberg duck hunting in ND. We were just hunting a grass slough off a stubble field. So we pulled the truck up withing 15 yards of the decoy spread. Everything got brought to the truck from the blind area and everyone remembered seeing his gun leaned against the dog trailer. We got to the hotel about 1hr away couldn't find it. I was 12 or 13 at the time and he asked me "didn't you put the guns in the truck". I told him "I put my guns in the truck...your guns aren't my responsibility. I saw it leaned against the trailer at some point"

At first thought I was a dead man and the hotel room went silent. Then my dad smirked and said "I guess your right". Him and I went back and looked that night and the next day and never found it. No idea if someone set it on top the trailer and we took off or what.

I give myself a pat down when getting up to leave the turkey woods. Keys....check.....wallet.....check......calls....check...etc., etc,

prm

WKR
Gear adrift means there’s another dude like me getting older while scatterbrained and still trying to everything for everyone. I’m still pretty good about keeping my shit together, but man does it seem to be getting harder. Help a brother out and get their gear back to them!

OP
Rdoehne

Rdoehne

FNG
Gear adrift means there’s another dude like me getting older while scatterbrained and still trying to everything for everyone. I’m still pretty good about keeping my shit together, but man does it seem to be getting harder. Help a brother out and get their gear back to them!
Definitely trying to find the owner

Reactions: prm

Breddoch

Lil-Rokslider
I bet whoever lost it doesn’t even know it yet. Probably won’t realize it until they get ready to hunt again and their rifle case is empty.

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
Been there done that…wait a minute, I meant to say, been there for some time and still doing that!

Gobbler36

WKR
How? How does someone lose a rifle? Drunk?
This past deer season I had all three of my boys with me 6,8,9 in age we hiked hard hunted all day they were getting pretty restless so we made a push back to one last glassing knob I leaned my rifle against a tree to sit and glass after 20-30 min we decide to head down before dark.
well during all the talking and some arguing lol I get halfway down the mtn and realize my rifle is still leaning against that tree

KHNC

WKR
At least my entire rifle inventory isnt traceable back to me. :D
J/K, hope you find the owner. I know that Swamp Fox guy, gotta watch him. ;)

TaperPin

WKR
This past deer season I had all three of my boys with me 6,8,9 in age we hiked hard hunted all day they were getting pretty restless so we made a push back to one last glassing knob I leaned my rifle against a tree to sit and glass after 20-30 min we decide to head down before dark.
well during all the talking and some arguing lol I get halfway down the mtn and realize my rifle is still leaning against that tree
Lol I can easily picture that.

Come to think of it, one time I stopped, took a bandaid out of the wallet, got back to the trailhead and realized the wallet was still up on the hill on that rock.