forloh packs

Deadfall

WKR
Looking for new packs. Last year for the big pack. I am looking into day pack as well.

Anyone use forlohs frame pack or that (the one) pack?

pirogue

WKR
Do they use the same strategy on packs, as they do on belts? Just have their name put on one that is already out there?

Never tried one and Forloh makes some good clothing, but from looking at its design, I’d say you can do much better sticking with a company that specializes in packs. Kifaru, Stone Glacier, EXO.

A long thread but worth reading.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
Went to the store yesterday. Bought both packs. My out of box experience with those packs are far better then out of box exeriences with any other pack I ahve tried.

Do have a couple question marks about both systems. Those will be answered with time.

Went to the store yesterday. Bought both packs. My out of box experience with those packs are far better then out of box exeriences with any other pack I ahve tried.

Do have a couple question marks about both systems. Those will be answered with time.
How much are they paying you to write this?

I hope it works for you. Can’t imagine carrying an elk in the that design. If you like it then by all means. Just plan on keeping it forever as their resale value on everything is horrible.

I'd be interested to see pictures of the shoulder straps and load lifters, both when the pack is at a moderate weight, and when it's fully loaded with meat.

We don't need to start making all the same points in this thread that were made in the other FORLOH thread, but the bloke who reviwed the FORLOH pack in that video had great things to say about it, despite it being obvious it didn't fit him very well at all.

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
I know it doesn't look like it should work. When I first touched it in store I thought no way. Frame is to small.

When the man in the store put 60 pounds in it, I was skeptical enough that I did not bother properly adjusting the pack. Beyond that I put all 60 pounds in bottom of bag instead of even weight dispersed. I Hal asked the setup because like everyone else I thought no way this can be good.
Put tge pack on. And it never moved. When I say I moved around, I mean I really moved around. Over exaggerating every possible movement.
The pack never slipped. It is super sticky.

I've been running the 26 inch kifaru with reckoning bag for 5 years. At 60 pounds it slips a little bit. I love the kifaru system, however I'm on my second set of shoulder straps and the bag is starting to come apart.

My 100 pound plus packing days are done. I would rather make an extra trip!
80 much as I'm gonna put in a bag these days. At 80 pounds nothing is comfortable!

Keep in mind I do have some skeptisism.
Not sure how this is going to do when I start making pack deeper. Is it going to pull away real bad? Maybe, maybe not. Part of me thinks it is going to sit really well. Can't be sure until I try it.

I've been trying packs since I was little running around in Colorado with dad and uncles in the 80s. Late 80s when dad started putting those old school murder packs on me.

So spending money on a pack to try it out ain't no thing to me. If it don't work I'll pass it forward to someone just getting into hunting that can't afford a decent system. At the very very worst this is a decent system.

I was also concerned about noise especially when bag gets cold. Just because it's alittle crinkly. However it's softer and quieter than the kifaru stuff. Bonus it's almost completely waterproof.

All the other systems on market are built very similar to each other. Atleast in the load bearing places. This system is not.

I spent atleast 2 hours in that store monkeying around.

Just like how I hunt....I AM always down to try some stuff I'm certain won't work.

One of my favorite sayings is: Contempt prior to investigation is the best way to stay in everlasting ignorance.

So I'm gonna investigate and see what shakes!

So far I am impressed!

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
P.s. I'm also gonna loan it out to another fella. He currently runs a 22 inch kifaru system. I wanna see what he says about it