FORLOH - Brush To Mountain Pro: The Ultimate All-Terrain Pants

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Introducing: https://forloh.com/pages/btm-pro-pant

The Ultimate 'Brush to Mountain' All-Terrain Pant​

We took a durable military-proven nylon/cotton ripstop fabric and combined it with an abrasion-resistant paraffin wax emulsion treatment to create true 'Brush to Mountain' protection.

Flexible, Comfortable, Rugged Protection​

Our BTM wax ripstop fabric elevates durability to new heights and is strategically placed in high-abrasion areas for enhanced protection. The wax emulsion treatment itself improves water, abrasion, and thorn resistance by over 50% and can be reapplied in the field using one of our wax bars in 5 minutes or less. You can apply more wax to increase abrasion protection as needed for the field conditions of the day.

The nylon/cotton ripstop fabric adds another layer of water resistance to the pant while resisting tearing and snagging. It also offers increased breathability and comfort. 4-way-stretch twill woven fabric paneling, strategically placed throughout the pant, allows for true flexibility in movement.

The BTM Pro Pants are full of features to meet the demands of a rugged, outdoor pant. Two knee pad pockets to insert molded knee pads (sold separately) are there for added protection when needed. Simply slip the pads in the pockets and you are ready to hit the trail. These pants also include multiple pockets, snap cuff, leg adjustments and zippered side-vents for temperature regulation.

Complete with two scent control technologies, Polygiene® Stay Fresh® antimicrobial and Odor Crunch®, to keep you fresher and less detectable to prey and humans alike.

Made in America and built to last, our BTM Pro Pant is an elevation in technology that is guaranteed to enhance your outdoor experience.

How to Wax the BTM Pants

• Take the Weatherproofing Wax Block and rub it with long, smooth strokes against the fabric, leaving behind a thin, even layer. Don't be afraid to put some elbow grease into this.
  • Using a iron ( or hairdryer) on a low to moderate setting, melt the wax into the fabric. You will want to use long even strokes and make sure to not get the wax overly runny.
  • Repeat these steps if necessary for more coverage.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
How well do waxed nylon/cotton fabrics perform in warmer temperatures? I've never tried a pair because I assume they would be too hot. Otherwise, looks like a great pair of pants for cooler climates with lots of features.

They strike me as a US made alternative to some of Fjallraven's options like the Kebs. Looking forward to hearing some reviews!

OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How well do waxed nylon/cotton fabrics perform in warmer temperatures? I've never tried a pair because I assume they would be too hot. Otherwise, looks like a great pair of pants for cooler climates with lots of features.

They strike me as a US made alternative to some of Fjallraven's options like the Kebs. Looking forward to hearing some reviews!

slowelk

WKR

Like many of their products, they probably haven’t really tested them, so their marketing team can’t answer your question.

This is a blatant attempt to rip off the Fjallraven keb.

OP
ForlohFamily

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Choose American​

madcalfe

WKR

Choose American​

"choose American"
that's all you have to say when these pants are a blatant copy and paste from the fjallraven kebs..
hells na ill give my money to a Swedish company before an American company that rips off a design.
be original....:rolleyes:

yfarm

WKR
I find the amount of engagement on this forum by this company to be unusual. I appreciate engagement relative to answering questions,important notifications ie sales or customer service issues, Hoffman Boots, Schnees and T&K seem to optimize their engagement. This company just uses the forum to market.

Like many of their products, they probably haven’t really tested them, so their marketing team can’t answer your question.

I thought they looked just like the keb as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"choose American"
that's all you have to say when these pants are a blatant copy and paste from the fjallraven kebs..
hells na ill give my money to a Swedish company before an American company that rips off a design.
be original....:rolleyes:

Why try to reinvent the wheel. The kebs and vidda pro are the best pants I've ever worn. They are made in Vietnam. The company is global. Their margin is probably much higher than Forloh.

Even if Forloh did nothing materially or functionally different with their pant, I would still buy them if I needed a pair (just bought some kebs last fall). They're completely USA made and sourced in the USA of possible. Why not support a good USA hunting brand if performance is the same?

Edit: Forloh BTM pants are 100% USA sourced

Why try to reinvent the wheel. The kebs and vidda pro are the best pants I've ever worn. They are made in Vietnam. The company is global. Their margin is probably much higher than Forloh.

Even if Forloh did nothing materially or functionally different with their pant, I would still buy them if I needed a pair (just bought some kebs last fall). They're completely USA made and sourced in the USA of possible. Why not support a good USA hunting brand if performance is the same?
I feel the exact same way. I basically only wear the keb and keb agile pants year round, might try a pair of these just cause they're made here

Forlohs material specs

100% Sourced and Manufactured in the USA
BTM Wax Ripstop fabric: spun intimate blend 50% type 66 nylon 50% cotton spun yarn (42/2 + 17/1); ripstop box size: .75 mm x .75 mm
Fabric weight: 6.6 ounces/sq yard

Fjallraven keb spec
Material: G-1000®: 65% polyester (recycled), 35% cotton (organic)
63% polyamide, 26% polyester, 11% elastane
Reinforcement areas: Knees, Rear, Pockets
Legal notice: Contains non-textile elements of animal origin.

@ForlohFamily , have you done testing on the breathability and durability of your blend utilizing nylon and higher cotton % vs fjallraven use of polyester?

I wouldn't call them a hunting brand, I'd call them a tell your friends you might go hunting brand.
The engagement is poor here because they don't have anything to talk about with folks who hunt.

I haven't tried anything yet because I've not been in the market for something since they emerged, but the items I've looked at on their site look good. What are some examples of them being useable rather than adequate or good?

I wouldn't call them a hunting brand, I'd call them a tell your friends you might go hunting brand. Their track record sways toward unusable rather than adequate.

The engagement is poor here because they don't have anything to talk about with folks who hunt.
They've had a rough go of it here due to how they post for sure, bought most of my forloh clothing before they joined here. I've been using their stuff for 2 or 3 years now and they have some great pieces. They definitely have had some flops though. The insect shield solair shirts are one of my favorites for example

sndmn11

WKR
I haven't tried anything yet because I've not been in the market for something since they emerged, but the items I've looked at on their site look good. What are some examples of them being useable rather than adequate or good?
Their packs, their down products, their rain gear, come to mind.

The excessive copy, the overuse of "military" in the copy, the ancillary products all scream to me that "hunting" is hoping off the gator in the driveway to pop the elk in the hay pasture. Like at an elk ranch.
Post in thread 'FORLOH pack launched today!' https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/forloh-pack-launched-today.265862/post-2651010

The insect shield solair shirts are one of my favorites for example
I'd believe it on that piece. They kept it simple and the price is competitive.

Team4LongGun

Super Moderator
Staff member

This company is a USA made outfit, right here in MT. Your comment is speculative. Why not ask them instead of guessing with a negative comment?