Pants like Kuiu Brush Pant, but waterproof

PhillyB

WKR
I have a friend that picked up a pair of pants that are built like the Kuiu Brush Pants, but instead of the front leg and calf area being abrasion resistant, they are waterproof. The seat of the pants is also waterproof. They are pretty sweet.

He bought them at a surplus store in Minnesota. They have no tags and nothing to identify them by. They are forest green.

Has anyone ever seen a pair of pants like this?

IMG_0550.png

For reference

Ram94

WKR
Fjallraven Keb trousers maybe? They have a water resistant wax coat.

hobolance

FNG
KUIU Yukon Pants. I brush-bust through devils club and alder thickets in those and they come out completely unscathed. Not technically a brush pant but they have the durability for it. And I'm hard on my gear.

Brendan

WKR
Axis Hybrid Pant is designed like that. I wore them in MT for rifle season last year and loved them. But, if you kneel on something sharp like a thorn, you will spike a hole in them (BTDT)

If you want full waterproof AND abrasion resistant I'll give a thumbs up to Orvis Toughshell Pants and Jacket:

Macintosh

WKR
Orvis toughshell is the best I have used. The pattern needs more pre-shape to it in the seat so size up, but they are waterproof and will survive that way in blackberry cane or multiflora as long as any others Ive tried. The ll bean waterproof brush pants have a better fit, but they arent anywhere close to as well made or as waterproof after a little use.