Food Recommendations for staying full and losing weight

Meats, eggs, fruits, some vegetables.. stay away from seed oils. I had to experiment with portions that keep me full but not hungry still or over full

Regardless of your "diet" of choice, when trying to lose weight it's good to focus on lower calorie density foods. Take 300 calories of carrots, oatmeal, nuts, a coke, etc. The first 2 are lower calorie density and will take up more volume in your stomach and you'll feel fuller, but they are all the same 300 calories.

A handful of nuts is definitely healthy, but doesn't do jack for keeping me full if I'm trying to shed some lbs. Great for getting in some easy calories though!

Regardless of your "diet" of choice, when trying to lose weight it's good to focus on lower calorie density foods. Take 300 calories of carrots, oatmeal, nuts, a coke, etc. The first 2 are lower calorie density and will take up more volume in your stomach and you'll feel fuller, but they are all the same 300 calories.

A handful of nuts is definitely healthy, but doesn't do jack for keeping me full if I'm trying to shed some lbs. Great for getting in some easy calories though!
Yeah I tried the pepitas and for me they don’t do anything to put out the fire and are pretty high calorie for a small handful, I think 180 calories in the box I had

Vegetables are the way to go I think between veggies and nuts

Yeah I tried the pepitas and for me they don’t do anything to put out the fire and are pretty high calorie for a small handful, I think 180 calories in the box I had

Vegetables are the way to go I think between veggies and nuts
Everyone is different, but I significantly changed my diet due to some medical concerns (not so much weight related). Vegetables have taken a much larger role in my meals, specifications leafy greens. Took me a week to get used to it, and now I’m at the point I’m really enjoying my meals again. I don’t believe in “diets” in the traditional sense. Your diet should be sustainable and not considered a “diet”. It’s just what you eat and enjoy. I also allow myself to eat anything on any day. There’s no “cheat day” or meal, it’s just life. If I want a burger with bacon and french fries I’ll eat it with zero guilt. I just don’t want that all the time anymore.

Everyone is different, but I significantly changed my diet due to some medical concerns (not so much weight related). Vegetables have taken a much larger role in my meals, specifications leafy greens. Took me a week to get used to it, and now I’m at the point I’m really enjoying my meals again. I don’t believe in “diets” in the traditional sense. Your diet should be sustainable and not considered a “diet”. It’s just what you eat and enjoy. I also allow myself to eat anything on any day. There’s no “cheat day” or meal, it’s just life. If I want a burger with bacon and french fries I’ll eat it with zero guilt. I just don’t want that all the time anymore.
Been just over a month now. Have dropped 14 pounds so far. Weigh myself at the Publix grocery store scale. Was 215# 1st of April, now 201# (with clothes, wallet, keys, shoes and phone) Tore my pec doing 50 pushups at once without stopping so that has slowed me down, but Im doing other stuff with dumbells and cardio, and stretching. I eat the same things every day Monday through Friday except for dinner. Breakfast is greek yogurt with blueberries and a scoop of protein powder. I drink green tea and water between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and dinner. Lunch is 2-3 hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, and a can of tuna. Snacks are rice cakes, string cheese, mandarin oranges, a handful of salad, or occasional saltines. I have 3-4 dates after lunch, and after dinner to scratch the sweets itch.

I'm going to have to disagree with the dairy thing.
I was fat my whole life, then cut 77 lbs and got very lean at 170lbs eating a huge amount of dairy: Milk and whey shakes, cottage cheese, greek yoghurt.
That said I have let my weight creep up to 205lbs so I need to get back on the wagon.

My wife and I started eating carrots, a lot, instead of snack foods (chips, etc). Evidently, we both love them as neither of us is sick of them yet. We mow through 4-5 a day. We've been doing this now for 2-3 months and both of us are seeing the results.

Go for very rare snacks. Instead eat healthy portions of meat, saturated fat, and low carbs. Aim for 20 carbs a day, but it might take a while to get there. Work to a reduced eating window and eventually one meal a day. You’ll be hungry if you eat protein without fat. You’ll be hungry if you eat continuously all day. Your glucose level amp up throughout the day every time you eat.

Spirits are zero carbs. Other alcohol usually contains carbs and sometimes inclues straight sugar.

Fruit contains carbs and juice contains a ton. Dairy can also be fairly high in carbs.

The problem with cutting calories to lose weight is your metabolism adjusts to the low calories, and when you go back to normal, you gain the weight back. It’s a “quick” fix that doesn’t work long term.

Sons do triathlons, are 39 and 42, best shape of their lives, eat voraciously. Train 20 hrs/ week on top of full time job with young kids. Is one alternative to dietary restriction. Myself at age 70 have to watch my diet, bike 11 miles/day, paddle a kayak 1 hr/ day, 100 pushups,100 crunches and weights daily still have trouble losing weight with 2 meals aday with a 14 hr fast. Only consistent way I lose weight is living/ hunting above 10k where I lose my appetite, eat 1 meal aday and climb.

Been just over a month now. Have dropped 14 pounds so far. Weigh myself at the Publix grocery store scale. Was 215# 1st of April, now 201# (with clothes, wallet, keys, shoes and phone) Tore my pec doing 50 pushups at once without stopping so that has slowed me down, but Im doing other stuff with dumbells and cardio, and stretching. I eat the same things every day Monday through Friday except for dinner. Breakfast is greek yogurt with blueberries and a scoop of protein powder. I drink green tea and water between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and dinner. Lunch is 2-3 hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, and a can of tuna. Snacks are rice cakes, string cheese, mandarin oranges, a handful of salad, or occasional saltines. I have 3-4 dates after lunch, and after dinner to scratch the sweets itch.
Sucks man... I recently injured myself as well. Nothing will kill consistency faster than an injury. I am taking a step back from the weights and actually doing HIIT/Power Yoga style workouts with my wife until I get my flexibility where it needs to be (what caused my issue). Not as "manly" but still nukes my muscles while also improving my flexibility.

My "diet" is I cannot eat anything after 7pm. Cold turkey, nothing. No snacking after 7pm. If I need to eat a snack, it's normally a spoonful of peanut butter, etc. but it has to be before 7pm. I track calories in MyFitnessPal. I eat great throughout the day, it's mindless nighttime snacking that gets me. It's amazing what sticking to that, plus pushing my bedtime earlier has done for me. I used to work very late, go to sleep around midnight/1am, wake up later. I'd snack late at night. Pushing my schedule to going to bed at 10pm waking up at 6am, dramatically cuts down on my desire for nighttime snacking. I am sleeping before that "2nd wind" of hunger hits me

What works for me:

Meat (ANY meat, no breading, just seasoned meat), veggies (any and all), fruit(none with added sugar), nuts, eggs. Plain greek yogurt. (no added sugar) Water and coffee (black). Read the back of the label, if there is more than one or two words in the ingredient list...prob a no go.

In the weight loss phase I would stay away from potatoes and rice as well. The beauty of this is the food is simple to make and delicious! All "single ingredient" or "whole foods". All healthy. No need to calorie or macro count. It is very difficult to calorie overload with these types of food...especially if you are working out (which you should be)

No bread, no pasta, no processed food (minus the greek yogurt). NO SUGAR. Allow yourself ONE MEAL per week to have whatever you want AND have dessert.

The hardest part of any diet is sticking to it and being disciplined. The best diet is the one that is sustainable for you.

Back