FNG from NC

Hello everybody. Been lurking for a while and keep coming across threads that are helpful so I figured I would join and gain more knowledge and pass along what I can.

I grew up hunting squirrels and other small game with my mom and dad when I was 5 or 6 and found the woods were my refuge and place of peace no matter what life threw my was as I got old. I picked up deer hunting when I was 12 and have been doing it ever since. I used to spend a week each year in VA hunting with my grandpa and that's where I learned the most about deer hunting and shooting. I am 35 now and still look forward to opening day each year and going out to see what unfolds.

I earned my Eagle Scout badge at 16 and spent the next few years working with the new scouts to teach them the basic skills and went off to college and picked up archery and reloading to occupy my time. I've recently gotten into long rang hunting and long range shooting so that's where I spend most of my attention and research to try and build upon what my dad and grandpa taught me growing up and hunting with them.

Looking forward to learning a few more things from folks that have more experience and knowledge than I do.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new NC member.

Eddie

Tows220

FNG
What part of NC are you in? I’m down east in Jacksonville, NC. Hello from another newbie.