FNG from California (ugh)

SBego

FNG
Classified Approved
From the foothills actually a beautiful part of a horribly ran state. Excited to share what I've learned from my past hunts. Mostly a mule deer freak (CO,WY) but have some elk points saved up for WY.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

From the foothills actually a beautiful part of a horribly ran state. Excited to share what I've learned from my past hunts. Mostly a mule deer freak (CO,WY) but have some elk points saved up for WY.
Welcome to the site. I'm from CA as well.

Sherman

WKR
Where from California? I grew up in Pismo Beach and lived in Bakersfield after I got out of the military. Worked for PG&E in Bakersfield for about 10 years. Got sick of the heat and the bad air and took a a bid to a little town between Redding and Eureka deep in the mountains called Willow Creek. Realized I couldn’t get away from the crappy politics and uprooted the family to Colorado. I love it here (miss the beach) but didn’t realize that Colorado isn’t far behind California when it comes to politics. Either way, best thing I’ve ever done is getting my family out of California. If you ever have the opportunity, leave that place in your rear view mirror.

Where from California? I grew up in Pismo Beach and lived in Bakersfield after I got out of the military. Worked for PG&E in Bakersfield for about 10 years. Got sick of the heat and the bad air and took a a bid to a little town between Redding and Eureka deep in the mountains called Willow Creek. Realized I couldn’t get away from the crappy politics and uprooted the family to Colorado. I love it here (miss the beach) but didn’t realize that Colorado isn’t far behind California when it comes to politics. Either way, best thing I’ve ever done is getting my family out of California. If you ever have the opportunity, leave that place in your rear view mirror.
East San Diego. My roots run too deep to ever move. I'm going to stay and fight. My wife would never leave the ocean.

We just just back from a 2,000 mile road trip, stopped at Pismo for a day. 20210611_170944.jpg

OP
SBego

SBego

FNG
Classified Approved
Jackson,Ca in the foothills between sac and Tahoe..my son is the 5th generation so we are deeply rooted or we woulda left this miserable state along time ago..I love Colorado as well! great buck hunts there..so hopefully in about 6 years I can retire and start over somewhere else.

Sherman

WKR
Yeah. I get it. I was 5th generation. It wasn’t easy to leave but after the decision was made it was oh-so-glorious. My ENTIRE family was in California and I never thought they would leave. Now they are trickling out one by one. I guess I kind of got the ball rolling, now it’s starting to snowball. Went back for a funeral 2 years ago, I don’t think I will ever go back. It’s even worse than when I left 6 years ago. The homelessness, the trash, ughh. Add into that even more drought and draconian laws - no thanks. The state I once loved looks like a third world country.

I'm from Tulare county along the foothills in California, its all farming were I'm at. I'm still trying to figure out were I can move to and find work to get the heck out of this place.

Wags

WKR
Any improvement in the line for sausages? My neighbor owns a business in Lockeford and says it's been crazy all year. I need to stock the freezer but don't want to wait for hours :LOL:

Weekdays around mid day are best from what I've seen as I drive by. I personally go to Lakewood Meats in Lodi, their Brat is legit.

Sherman

WKR
I'm from Tulare county along the foothills in California, its all farming were I'm at. I'm still trying to figure out were I can move to and find work to get the heck out of this place.
What line of work are you in? You can’t swing a dead cat without a help wanted sign (decent paying jobs!) where I’m at in Colorado.

OP
SBego

SBego

FNG
Classified Approved
I'm not far from you in Lockeford.
YA super close..i also read you hunt unit 3 in CO... so do I... we should BS about that crazy unit..love hunting it dont do that great but a good hunt.

Wags

WKR
YA super close..i also read you hunt unit 3 in CO... so do I... we should BS about that crazy unit..love hunting it dont do that great but a good hunt.

I hunt it for deer & goats, typically 3rd rifle. It’s not a big deer unit but I usually find something worth tagging.