FNG from California (ugh)

firemtn

FNG
I hunt it for deer & goats, typically 3rd rifle. It’s not a big deer unit but I usually find something worth tagging.
YA super close..i also read you hunt unit 3 in CO... so do I... we should BS about that crazy unit..love hunting it dont do that great but a good hunt.
Hey! I also grew up in CA. Grew up up in a small town called Ripon then finished out my last 4ish years there in Sacramento. Few years ago moved up to Montana. Always fun connecting with fellow California guys who enjoy to hunt.

I see you guys have some experience in CO unit 3, I drew the 4th season deer tag this year. I hear it can get wild over there, but really curious to hear about your guys experiences so far! If I can climb the ranks here shortly I'll PM you guys. (Don't have access to that yet as a new member)

Hey! I also grew up in CA. Grew up up in a small town called Ripon then finished out my last 4ish years there in Sacramento. Few years ago moved up to Montana. Always fun connecting with fellow California guys who enjoy to hunt.

I see you guys have some experience in CO unit 3, I drew the 4th season deer tag this year. I hear it can get wild over there, but really curious to hear about your guys experiences so far! If I can climb the ranks here shortly I'll PM you guys. (Don't have access to that yet as a new member)
I drew the 3rd season tag there last year. It was a shit show. Saw one mature buck on public land scouting the day before season opened and couldn't turn him up during season. I wouldn't go back without an elk tag though.

Wags

WKR
I drew the 3rd season tag there last year. It was a shit show. Saw one mature buck on public land scouting the day before season opened and couldn't turn him up during season. I wouldn't go back without an elk tag though.

I hunted the same season. I was fortunate enough to shoot a mature buck on opening afternoon. But it was an absolute crap show. The road hunting, shooting from trucks and across roads was on full display.

Wags

WKR

I live less than 30 minutes from Ripon. I dropped off my son's rifle at Barnwood to get a brake put on it this weekend.

4th season wont be quite as bad because it's a reduced number of tags compared to 3rd. PM me when your able and I'll answer what I can.

firemtn

FNG
I hunted the same season. I was fortunate enough to shoot a mature buck on opening afternoon. But it was an absolute crap show. The road hunting, shooting from trucks and across roads was on full display.
Congrats on the buck. With how crazy it sounds out there I'd imagine tagging out on day 1 is a relief, especially on a mature deer. Good to hear even amongst the chaos its still possible to find a mature buck.