Fletching glue dry time

bisblue

WKR
Hey folks,
What dry times are folks using for fletchings?

I'm using loctite ultra gel and aae trad vanes, if I wait 5 minutes any excess is wanting to peel the fletching off as the glue seems tacky but not super well bonded, if I wait 12 minutes the shaft seems bonded to the jig and will tear the wrap and fletching... I'm definitely not a perfectionist/care about ascetics just looking for arrows that shoot well.

Using a right helical ez fletch jig, also have a bitz with right helical.
20220824_214631.jpg

WoodBow

WKR
You may need a fresh bottle of glue. Mine seems to have a longer open time after i have had the bottle in use for longer.

I use loctite professional liquid, trad vanses (as well as others), and a bitz jig. I'd say i only leave the clamp on for 15 seconds before rotating the shaft. Helps some to blow on it lightly and swap off excess glue with a q tip.

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
You may need a fresh bottle of glue. Mine seems to have a longer open time after i have had the bottle in use for longer.

I use loctite professional liquid, trad vanses (as well as others), and a bitz jig. I'd say i only leave the clamp on for 15 seconds before rotating the shaft. Helps some to blow on it lightly and swap off excess glue with a q tip.
I ran two types of new glue yesterday. Sounds like I am leaving it in the jig too long.

mattflint

FNG
I use gg blue top and goat tuff excelerator sprayed onto my wraps.
Using my bitz I am only leaving my clamp on for 15 seconds or so before moving to the next.

I fletch straight so shorter wait time. Probably 30 seconds. Pull the clamp and load it, then turn the jig to the next position and wipe any excess off the hidden side of the fletch. Will hit it with accelerator if I have it, but usually let them cure for several hours.

Have been surprised at durability of fletch tape and dab of glue at either end after using duco for years . As suggested above