Bohning Cauldron Fletching Jig

P.Bearda

FNG
Has anyone tried the Bohning cauldron fletching jig before? It seems to have some pros when compared to the Arizona EZ-Fletch MiniMax. The cauldron has more arms available and a less dramatic helical, listed at 3 Degrees by Bohning. I have been looking to getting one, but there is very little about them online. I would most likely be fletching AAE Max Stealths In a 3 fletch 3 degree left helical. I just wanted to reach out to the sounding board and see how it does when compared to other fletching jigs out there. Thanks!

Haven't used the couldran, but use the tower a fair amount.

Pretty straightforward, I still use my bitz a lot too, but the tower makes fletching stuff pretty fast doing all 3 at once while offering several options on offset and helical.

Only complaint would be easier to set it up to put the fletching further down the shaft. It has a spacer, sets the fletching further down, but in my take that's where it should start, then offer a spacer to set it a bit deeper.
Can put a mark on the arms, set your fletching to it, what I started doing.

OP
P

P.Bearda

FNG
Haven't used the couldran, but use the tower a fair amount.

Pretty straightforward, I still use my bitz a lot too, but the tower makes fletching stuff pretty fast doing all 3 at once while offering several options on offset and helical.

Only complaint would be easier to set it up to put the fletching further down the shaft. It has a spacer, sets the fletching further down, but in my take that's where it should start, then offer a spacer to set it a bit deeper.
Can put a mark on the arms, set your fletching to it, what I started doing.
Thank you for responding.
It’s good hearing your experience on the tower and with the bitz. Thanks for letting me know about the tower shortcomings too, always good to hear the whole side of things. I’ve been curious about the cauldron so I might have to try it out. It seems that the majority of bow hunters run either a bitz or EZ-Fletch and are diehards about their preferred method. Thanks again!