Fletching arrows

MT257

WKR
I have the Bitz and the Goat Tuff jigs. Bitz I seem to have more arrows slip around on me and dont end up being 120*. The goat tuff is pretty straight forward, it has alot of options for helical with preset jig inserts.

rclouse79

WKR
Just got the ez fletch. Love how the fletching turns out when I do it right. I read so much about too much glue causing problems that I used too little on one fletch and it didn’t stick. I don’t know what is causing it, but one out of every four arrows or so gets one fletching too far forward.

imadamb

FNG
I'm a little late to the party but thought I'd throw in on the Bitzenburger too. I started off with the Bohning helical jig that clamps all three at once, and could never get a good 'seat' to the vanes. glue would goop where it shouldn't, there wouldn't be enough left on the vane, there'd be gaps, I felt pretty stupid using it. Ponied up for the Bitz and haven't looked back. I used the bob smith activator for cyanoacrylate, a spritz on the shaft, glue on the vane, press and it would instantly set. Never had any problems with that.Tried fletch tite platinum once and it's been great as well. a little easier to apply since it's more of a gel, a quick press in place, and then move onto the next vane. The glue sets pretty quickly. I usually do it at night so they end up having an opportunity to set but haven't had any issues whatsoever. Tried a friend AAE jig again recently and went back to feeling like a dufus.

MattB

WKR
Just got the ez fletch. Love how the fletching turns out when I do it right. I read so much about too much glue causing problems that I used too little on one fletch and it didn’t stick. I don’t know what is causing it, but one out of every four arrows or so gets one fletching too far forward.

You are very likely spreading the glue from back to front and moving the vane slightly toward the front of the arrow in the process, rather than spreading from the front of the vane to the back. Don't ask me how I know this.

Jblodgett

FNG
Sometimes glue gets built up in the slot where the vane goes and pushes the vane forward. Has to be cleaned out after a couple arrows.

omegadef

FNG
You are very likely spreading the glue from back to front and moving the vane slightly toward the front of the arrow in the process, rather than spreading from the front of the vane to the back. Don't ask me how I know this.
Same thing happens to me, I added a step to push the top of the vane down with the glue nozzle. I always manage to turn the arrow the wrong direction on at least one of a dozen.