Fix It Sticks Questions

22tcm

FNG
Went shooting with a friend the other day. Used his fix it sticks to swap a scope between rifles. I'm looking to buy a set myself now to put in my range bag as it will be easier packing then my wheeler fat wrench. I'm wondering if people prefer the all in one torque driver or the individual torque limiters? I'm looking at the rifle and optics toolkit but wondering if the works toolkit is worth the extra money?

Flyrodr

FNG
I might be mistaken, but my recollection is that the individual ones have an audible click indicator when the designated torque is reached, and the all-in-one requires visually aligning the desired torque value on an indicator line. If you only need a couple of values, the individual ones are perhaps better. If you're dealing with several values, maybe not.

I had the torque limiters early on before they had the all in one. They worked well but I had about $400 in torque limiters and still needed more for all my applications. I probably would have ended up with $1000 in torque limiters to do everything which is more than my two snap on inlbs torque wrench cost combined. It gets expensive real quick and is annoying when you get something with a different torque spec and now need to order another limiter.

The all in one kit works great, costs a little over $100, and is super tiny. I love mine, I don't even pull out my torque wrenches for gun applications anymore since getting it because it works so well.

it also wouldn't be a bad idea to add the lower range torque driver as well for turret and zero stop screws.

ID_Matt

WKR
I bought this one, and then the smaller all-in-one torque driver separately. Seems to cover everything I need. The click type torque limiters are a bit handier than the all in one, but the all in one is nice for varying scope torques - 18-25 in lbs or some zero stops that call for 4 in lbs.

I just bought the ratchet tool to get a feel for the quality and it is REALLY well made stuff. Smooth as butter.
Seems like the all in ones are the way to go for sure.

For someone who already has a wheeler fat wrench and has no issue with it being too bulky, what is the benefit to fix it sticks in the same torque range?

For someone who already has a wheeler fat wrench and has no issue with it being too bulky, what is the benefit to fix it sticks in the same torque range?

Biggest different is the package size. The all in one kit is tiny, like the size of a wallet.

The fix is sticks is better made too and will likely last longer. I’ve personally never heard of anyone breaking them. I’ve had a fat wrench break and know others who have too. I bought mine years ago when they were like $30 and for that price it isn’t bad but IMO they aren’t worth the current pricing.

Edit: you can also get the fix it sticks in a tighter spot. I’ve got two rifles that the way the handguards bolt up the wheeler would never get tight enough to them to torque them with it, the fix it sticks just fits.

Biggest different is the package size. The all in one kit is tiny, like the size of a wallet.

The fix is sticks is better made too and will likely last longer. I’ve personally never heard of anyone breaking them. I’ve had a fat wrench break and know others who have too. I bought mine years ago when they were like $30 and for that price it isn’t bad but IMO they aren’t worth the current pricing.

Edit: you can also get the fix it sticks in a tighter spot. I’ve got two rifles that the way the handguards bolt up the wheeler would never get tight enough to them to torque them with it, the fix it sticks just fits.
I did "break" my T-handle. The magnet on the long arm came unglued and it wedged itself halfway in the hex slot making that end basically useless. Fix-it-sticks sent new one no questions asked.

Likely not much. But they are cool tools! Like rifles, I only need one, but dang there are so many other cool ones out there.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have all of the limiters at the house and carry this kit while I am in the field. Had to torque a scope back down while I was in the field this year so it kept me from packing up camp and going back to the truck.

OP

22tcm

FNG
For those that use the all in one do you find it pretty easy to set a proper torque spec with it? It looks like it would be easy enough. But just curious if its ever a struggle. Like most have said the reason I want one is just the compact easy to carry part of it versus the fat wrench.

I’ve never checked it against another torque wrench or anything like that. But if the spec is 17 in-lb it’s pretty easy to tighten and stop between the 15 and 20 marks. Just gotta make sure the numbers are facing you as you turn it! I imagine someone has a YouTube video or blog review testing the accuracy of it.

Dos XX

WKR
I have one of these for scope rings and small screws. It does 11-29 in lbs.

I have this for scope cross bolts and some action screws, 25-55 in lbs.

I have these for over 10 years and set up a lot of scopes with them. They are a quality tool.

Unckebob

WKR
I might be mistaken, but my recollection is that the individual ones have an audible click indicator when the designated torque is reached, and the all-in-one requires visually aligning the desired torque value on an indicator line. If you only need a couple of values, the individual ones are perhaps better. If you're dealing with several values, maybe not.
I have the all in one. It is not great!

I use a Wheeler Fat Wrench 99% of the time.

DosAmigos

FNG
I have the Deluxe kit on my range bag. That covers everything Scope related. On my gun bench I use my wheeler Fat Wrench

OP

22tcm

FNG
I have one of these for scope rings and small screws. It does 11-29 in lbs.

I have this for scope cross bolts and some action screws, 25-55 in lbs.

I have these for over 10 years and set up a lot of scopes with them. They are a quality tool.
While it seems like people like Wera tools. I'm looking to add something that would be a small kit that would fit nicely in a range bag. I could be wrong but those seem like they are big as a fat wrench. Thank you for sharing them though as they look like they would be great for bench tools.

OP

22tcm

FNG
I have the all in one. It is not great!

I use a Wheeler Fat Wrench 99% of the time.
Is there anything in particular that you don't like about the all in one? Or is it just one of those personal preference things?