Fishing Guide and Location for Bozeman in September

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy and I will be coming off a backcountry fishing trip in Yellowstone and will have an extra day in Bozeman before we fly out. The date will be September 23, so I know fall will be in full swing. We were thinking about looking at booking a float fishing trip or, if that fails, just doing it on our own. Does anyone have any guides they recommend in the Bozeman area? We really need to go out of Bozeman as that is where our group is staying. Any particular river to recommend floating? I’ve always wanted to float the Yellowstone but I read that the flooding last summer may have ruined the fishing for a good, long while.

Ennis is about an hour away and is full of fly shops and guides for the Madison. I would recommend booking with Madison River Fishing Company. If you must go out of Bozeman, I don't have any actual recommendations.

Norm555

WKR
Talk to the Montana Angler or Troutfitters in Bozeman. They can send you to either the Madison or Yellowstone depending what is fishing better that week. The flooding on the Yellowstone definitely did not ruin the fishing.