First Suppressor: Banish Backcountry or Banish 30

the backcountry is intriguing for a hunting can but when compared to the scythe, less so. Scythe is slightly longer and slightly lighter but should offer better suppression and recoil reduction for about the same price.

It’s been a while since I’ve looked but I thought the banish 30 series was supposed to perform pretty well suppression wise for their size?

Last edited:

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
I actually like the shipping g to my door thing, it works well for me where I live. If you buy something from them other than a banish and needed warranty work you’d just go through the manufacturer and probably not have any issues.

I got suckered into the banish 30 by them too, called to ask some questions and got talked into the banish 30. I bought their regular banish 22 and actually like it more than my dead air mask 22.

How are those free 22 silencers? I havnt seen any reviews of them but lots of people must have them at this point.

The free 22 Silencer Central can is a sales gimik, an insult really. Not worth the $200 tax stamp.

I use mine as a paper weight. I'f I ever get my Banish 30 back from repair it'll be used as a bigger paper weight but it does have the versatility of being used as a door stop.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The free 22 Silencer Central can is a sales gimik, an insult really. Not worth the $200 tax stamp.

I use mine as a paper weight. I'f I ever get my Banish 30 back from repair it'll be used as a bigger paper weight but it does have the versatility of being used as a door stop.
I never tried that free 22, just the banish 22. I’ve wondered how that free banish 22k is though.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I truly hope its not just gimmick as I ordered a banish suppressor. What makes you dislike the Banish 30?
It’s not that I dislike it, I just think it’s an advertising scam. The user serviceable stuff they tout as a feature is just cost cutting methods for them. You can get a top of the line silencer for like a hundred dollars more.

Simply put, the banish 30 isn’t light, it isn’t quiet and it’s a high maintenance piece of gear. As mentioned earlier, it’s a million times better than no silencer though but if I was buying another can today, there’s at least 10 I can think of right off the top of my head I’d buy over another banish 30.

I think the best silencers they make are the back country and the banish 22.

B23

WKR
If a person wants a 1.5 diameter can, hands down, the best choice is TBAC Gen2 Ultra 7 or 9. I have a Banish 30 and a couple of the Banish 22 cans. SC's Banish 30 is decent enough but I wouldn't put it in the same league as the TBAC Ultra. The Banish 30 in full length configuration is about on the same level, with regard to suppression, as the Ultra7 and the Ultra9 is noticeably quieter.

I don't know much about SC's little rimfire can their giving away as a gift with purchase but I'm sure it's better then nothing but not likely in the same league as their bigger Banish22 can. I have a couple older TBAC rimfire cans and I've shot with guys that had Dead Air Mask and TBAC 22TD rimfire cans and just going off of hearing them in use the Banish 22 maybe has a little more FRP but otherwise is pretty comparable the Dead Air and TBAC rimfire cans.

Dead Air has a new Nomad out that is worth taking a look at and if it ends up being a better can then their LTi it could be a pretty sweet can. I talked to DA last week and tried to nail them down on how the new one compared to their original Nomad but all they'd tell me was they were out testing them as we speak.

WMDM

Lil-Rokslider
I truly hope its not just gimmick as I ordered a banish suppressor. What makes you dislike the Banish 30?
Boss, the free 22 suppressor they give with a Banish is a gimik. They do next to nothing for noise suppression. Waste of $200 for the tax stamp.

Like others have said the Banish 30 is a low quality suppressor. Unfortunately you can add terrible customer service to that as well now (used to be great). They are near me and I want to love them but reality is what it is. I'd be trying to cancel that order.