First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Intrigued, I love a recessed pic rail. Did I miss where the rest of the stock profile is? Negative comb?

I’ve that about it quite a bit and unless I’m missing something A is the way. There’s a reason Gunwerks has gone that route, it really modernizes the stock while being minimal and allowing for shooting field matches with bipod even if you only shoot off bag while hunting. Swivel studs suck, as does DIY mounting comparatively.

I’m confused. Sounds like you’re describing B.

When I said I’d take 2 maybe 3 in the other thread that was said with 1 contingency… I need to pay off my credit card beforehand. I know credit cards are the devil and so is their introductory interest free promo’s 🥲💸💸💸 I suppose I could be spending it on worse things 🤷‍♂️
Bro. Get the new ROK credit card. Interest free for the life of your next barrel. Plus 1% cash back in addition to 5% on all things tikka. What can go wrong??? ;).

Your plan is better.

Guessing this went to a poll because Ryan and Jake want B and Form has his heels dug in on A. How’d I do?

Not exactly. My input was that there are a lot of people that want a correctly designed stock, that don’t want any rails. The poll being almost split 50/50 shows that. I am fine with either.

The issue with the scalloped portion and integrated rail is bit of cost, a little weight, and aesthetics.

Not exactly. My input was that there are a lot of people that want a correctly designed stock, that don’t want any rails. The poll being almost split 50/50 shows that. I am fine with either.

The issue with the scalloped portion and integrated rail is bit of cost, a little weight, and aesthetics.

Oh! Now you’re into aesthetics?!

Just joking.

I’m a bit torn too. I don’t like the cost, weight, or aesthetics, but I’m in a codependent relationship with my bipod… so I need a rail.

Oh! Now you’re into aesthetics?!

Just joking.

I’m a bit torn too. I don’t like the cost, weight, or aesthetics, but I’m in a codependent relationship with my bipod… so I need a rail.

Oh it’s function first, but I like aesthetics more than most. However I find it funny that people think “sponge” paint, Rustoleum lawn furniture paint, and splattered Ceracoat on plastic is “aesthetics”.

A John Rigby & Co rifle is aesthetically pleasing, plastic and paint isn’t.

I voted A for no scallop, but like others I like the flat/straight bottom of forend all the way to the magwell. I don’t know why hunting stock friends are typically rounded and sometime even have a slight belly. Flat let’s you bolt on an arca rail if you want, and also sits flatter/rides a bag better than the rounded style

I voted A for no scallop, but like others I like the flat/straight bottom of forend all the way to the magwell. I don’t know why hunting stock friends are typically rounded and sometime even have a slight belly. Flat let’s you bolt on an arca rail if you want, and also sits flatter/rides a bag better than the rounded style
In general, I think rounded bottoms are better field rifles. They allow you to get field rests easier than flat bottomed. And they’re more comfortable to carry and shoot off hand.

I have no issue with the scallop on the forend, if that carries the day, but I'd be more hesitant about big flat spots for bolting on arca. My goal is to shoot it off a backpack or Gamechanger without a tripod or bipod. If it can be done without compromising that, fine, but I think I'd prefer a somewhat rounded forend.

I do trust these guys to get it right, though, even if it deviates from my own opinions.

As long as they have curved /melted edges and aren’t too wide I think the off hand issue is exaggerated. Option B doesn’t look difficult to shoot offhand or on a pack to me. In practice my eh1 is fine offhand, but I don’t like shooting a krg bravo offhand

I will say my assumption when voting was that we were specifically talking about the tip being recessed or not, not exactly matching the entire contours of those two forend options.

@Ryan Avery @Formidilosus is that correct, or is this about the entire forend design as well (rounded vs flat etc)

Last edited:
B vote here but ive not tried one yet. Just really like the idea of it. And, I use spartan adapters on my rifle and a SRS pic/arca on my boys' rifle with a garage custom bipod for them that actually holds steadier than my spartan. Really just dont like the adapter hanging off the bottom which is why i voted B. But all of the (weight but also balance) caveats listed above apply

A.

9nbTvQN.jpg

@Formidilosus has said in the past that for hunting people likely shouldn't run a bipod. (Too slow.)

And I was just listening to Jake and @Ryan Avery in the "We suck at shooting" podcast comment that it takes them 1.5min to set up and get a shot off (Also too slow.)

Quit dicking around with range-toy Good Idea Fairies, and make a solid hunting/killing tool.

Last edited:
Back