First ROK Stock Poll

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Tahoe1305

WKR
Well yes and no. Form still needs to be leading the way on this almost entirely IMO. I want his version of a perfect hunting stock, because I don’t know what I don’t know and so far everything I’ve implemented per his advice has been gold.
This will help get group by in. Don’t think they will let any of the functional elements be decided on that will make it less shootable.

woods89

WKR
Well yes and no. Form still needs to be leading the way on this almost entirely IMO. I want his version of a perfect hunting stock, because I don’t know what I don’t know and so far everything I’ve implemented per his advice has been gold.

This. Design via committee or through the voice of many is sometimes the path to mediocrity.

As long as its not adding much weight to have the material there for a strong enough attachment, I'll go B, but if in the design it picks up a half pound without the rail for some reason (like a backing plate and the material to reinforce it) I'd go with A.

My stocks have always had the pic rail sitting out ready to grab shit so I’ve always envied B setup

Anybody that voted A want to learn me why I’m wrong?

*I do plan to buy either way

Last edited:

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I see zero reason not to allow for a recessed rail (scalloped).

Without a recessed rail, the only flush-ish bipod allowance is a spartan adapter. Pics that aren't recessed absolutely suck to hunt with, and catch on everything.

I understand why a center mass ARCA is controversial. But not this.

-J

woods89

WKR
I'll admit I was a bit torn on this choice. I don't use a bipod, so I voted A. If I did use a bipod, though, I'd want the scallop, to keep the barrel as close to the apex of the triangle as possible.

But like @Helislacker said, I really don't know what I don't know.

Last edited:

Marshfly

WKR
B if weight is kept low. By low I mean about a half pound off a stock Tikka stock. Like the Stockys guy said, adding all of this stuff adds weight due to having to strengthen everything up with more material.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElPollo

WKR
I like the flat bottom fore end on B better, especially if it is straight from the mag well as opposed to tapering. You want this thing to recoil straight back off a bag or pack. The scallop is secondary, but allows for the addition of a pic rail if you want it or need it.