First Lite Uncomphagree Puffy Coat

G-man

FNG
Just ordered this jacket today, it sounds good from what I read but wondering if anyone might have more inside on it?
Will post what I find out after I get it & have tested it out personally!

hflier

WKR
I just got mine. Can't wait to test it. Fits better that KUIU. Their stuff seems to be built for women sized forearms.

OP
G

G-man

FNG
I received the coat in the mail yesterday & must say that is one comfortable coat, not bulky, very light but has a warm feeling & if it performs like what I have read will be adding the outer rain coat to it next year, I am very impressed so far, more to follow after it get's use in the field!!

akrdkill

WKR
Got mine the other day. Held it up to light & can see where the undulations not even in alot of it. Also couldn't get one side of the collar to lay flat. Be anted to stick out. Wrist area seemed tight especially if I had other layers on. Going to send it back. Just my observation. As I have a few other first lite pieces & like there stuff

huntwest

Lil-Rokslider
There is some noise to the jacket. You will want some wind to cover the noise of drawing you bow.

switchback270

Lil-Rokslider
i just received mine yesterday and am really impressed. There is some noise but very minimal in my opinion. If it is dead calm out and you are fairly close to a deer (20 yards or so) they may hear you draw. A few different factors play in though such as how fast or slow you draw or if the deer is already on alert. I believe you will like it. I can't wait to put some field time in with mine.

Rbelt280

FNG
I took a video of me drawing with the puffy on. You couldn't hear the jacket at all, but you could clearly hear my footsteps in the video

c5mrr270

WKR
How is the sizing on the puffy? I read somewhere that they are sized pretty generous and one could possibly even order down a size.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I can run a medium or a large in most stuff but definitely a medium for the puffy. They are generous.

c5mrr270

WKR
I plan to layer, but I don't see me wearing more than two base layers and a thin vest under it. It that still doable a size down or should I stick to a large?

I think you will be fine with a Medium as it's a little bigger than your typical medium sized jacket. Like Evan stated, they make them to layer.

c5mrr270

WKR
I agree. I have a Stormtight jacket and its a generous medium.

If you guys don't mind me asking, what's your height, weight and the size you're wearing? I'm getting ready to make an order but I can't find a place that has them in stock. I've watched most of the videos I can find and I'm still on the fence. BTW I'm 5'10" and 185.