First Lite Shipment Stolen - advice?

Ray

WKR
One of the things that is happening is that the thieves are following the trucks around. The drivers are not paying attention, so the following cars are usually within sight of them. Setting up a decoy box may not work if this is happening, but will catch the folks taking an opportunity as they drive by.

One of the things that is happening is that the thieves are following the trucks around. The drivers are not paying attention, so the following cars are usually within sight of them. Setting up a decoy box may not work if this is happening, but will catch the folks taking an opportunity as they drive by.

Send yourself a package containing the dog sh*t and some form of explosive paint canister :D

My buddy had something stolen off his porch and had surveillance video to give to the cops. There was a couple walking around with a stroller so they had a place to stash the packages once they stole them. Also notified Amazon and they sent a new package right away.

Options:

If purchased by a retailer then contact them first. They should have insured it and be willing to reship.

If uninsured, was sold by a private party who says tough luck or the seller otherwise refuses to help...you may submit a chargeback request if you paid with a debit or credit card. Same goes with paypal provided you did NOT use the gift option (there's a lesson there).

I always add a note to my orders requesting:

a) that they ship to my PO Box so it cannot be stolen or...
b) require a signature so the parcel is taken right in

Sorry for your troubles...people suck. Get a sign telling deliverymen to place items out of sight...talk to em when they come, often it is the same driver. My guys now know if i don't come to the door they can hide it in a special location (that I won't reveal here) to prevent theft. I also have surveillance on my home...nine cameras that catch everything. I hate theives.

7-Pointers

Lil-Rokslider
Pretty sweet deal from First Lite, I'd buy more from them just because of stuff like this...just want to see great companies get rewarded.

OP
elkyinzer

elkyinzer

WKR
So the customer service rep that originally said they would reship the order said her supervisor turned it down and offered a discount, but like I said the gear budget isn't there right now. Ain't this America in 2016 though, I probably would have been better off lying and saying it never arrived rather than verifying it was stolen.

So I just lost $500 in gear. Bummed out for getting excited, but and she probably got chewed out and I can't blame FL at all for the theft. Trying to get them to help me go after FedEx as some have suggested. I do place a portion of the blame on them for not hiding packages and delivering before the window presented at checkout causing me not to be home.

If you personally did not receive it FL would be liable to send you a replacement or credit your account back the purchase price. If it was stolen that is irrelevant. You purchased something and did not receive it. Who is to say the driver even left it at the right house?

ST52v

WKR
Ha ha ha! It sure is. We have places called Big Beaver,Little Beaver, New Beaver,Beaver and South Beaver.

Can you ask FL ( or any other dealer) to ask for a package to be signed for at drop off? I've never seen that option at checkout? Do you have to request it over the phone.

Call your fed ex and ups office and give them your address and tell them that if no one is at home to receive the package it is not to be left there, and you will pick it up at the local hub, that's what I do now.

Trial153

WKR
I am confused why anyone on here thinks leaving a package in plan site and assessable is correct and prudent for a delivery company? If it wasn't a secure location and no instructions were given why couldn't they leave a tag on the door stating that they couldn't complete the delivery.
I have both Fed Ex and UPS both do that several time when no one was home to accept a package.

dotman

WKR
I am confused why anyone on here thinks leaving a package in plan site and assessable is correct and prudent for a delivery company? If it wasn't a secure location and no instructions were given why couldn't they leave a tag on the door stating that they couldn't complete the delivery.
I have both Fed Ex and UPS both do that several time when no one was home to accept a package.

Because it is what service they offer, they also offer a notes section for package placement. FL has a notes section, Kifaru does as well, most places do, use it and add package location directions, it's easy. These delivery guys just have to drop a package and do so if no specifics are given they place it where you'll easily see it when coming home, your front door.

Trial153

WKR
Because it is what service they offer, they also offer a notes section for package placement. FL has a notes section, Kifaru does as well, most places do, use it and add package location directions, it's easy. These delivery guys just have to drop a package and do so if no specifics are given they place it where you'll easily see it when coming home, your front door.

So if your front door looks like this facing a street them they should just leave a package in front put in the open?
Really ? They must have a different set of SOP's where your live because here they try to make the delivery twice and after the second time the slip they leave states you have to pick it up at such and such location.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452826365.510771.jpg