First Lite or Kuiu...what's better overall?

Jimbo V

WKR
Damn ok. I just did my homework. Being way out west I've never heard of this. 30% vs. 100% is super shady.

Shady is the fact the RMEF committed to give back a 100% and Utah still decided to go with SFW.....

OP
H
Regardless of conservation backing and promotion which company do you guys think is the overall better quality? What do you think will last longer,better construction?

It's not the bow it's the Indian-My archery coach

Regardless of conservation backing and promotion which company do you guys think is the overall better quality? What do you think will last longer,better construction?

It's not the bow it's the Indian-My archery coach

If you would have asked me 2 years ago I would have said Kuiu hands down. That has shifted the other way now. I do think Kuiu makes the best camo rain gear available, aside from that and gaiters I would choose First Lite for everything else.

jtw

WKR
For the cost I expect my gear to be in line with the quality of high end outdoor brands like arcteryx. First lite has yet to let me down. Kuiu has let me down several times. The only kuiu id recommend is the chugach rain gear. Ive tried their base layers and 1/2 zips and the quality of stitching has been bad. My tiburon shirt had faulty seams and fell apart after a few dozen uses.

Being nurse I want to revive this thread. I've worn both companies clothes and I believe they have there place. I did notice with KUIU that the material tended to stink a little bit more than the first lite. I have tried out the KUIU superdown jacket and the FL puffy. I highly prefer FL when it comes to the puffy jacket. I had to be so extra careful with the superdown because it seemed extremely fragile. With FL, I now have the puffy, chama, sanctuary set and neck gaiter. Love all my pieces from FL. In regards to what I appreciate from KUIU is the leg gaiters. They were put through the ringer and they held up quite great. What turns me off to KUIU is the fanboy attitude and the owners overall demeanor (I don't know him but I've read several threads about his character and it seems highly suspect). In the end, I think its all about what you want to support. Would you rather support Jason going on elaborate hunting trips and what not? or would you rather support FL who clearly supports conservation and has high regards for our military. Keep in mind if we didn't have our military we wouldn't be able to hunt.

Hall256

WKR
For me it is FL all the way. Their Merino wool is super comfortable, and in a my non-scientific opinion it is softer and more enjoyable to wear than Kuiu. With FL, I started with their Red Desert boxer shorts for a hiking trip a little over a year ago, and now I pretty much have everything minus their rain pants. The Kuiu gear that i have that I do like is their Teton Rain gear (just super light and packable) and their socks (actually like them over FL compression socks).

D_Eightch

WKR
I have a merino 145 zip from kuiu that I really like so far.
Just started building up my "good" clothing collection.

Have kanab 2.0 on the way. It was said earlier in the thread, and as a new guy I seem to notice a lot of people just following the trend. If I see a piece of gear with the features I am looking for that's what I'm buying.
It's great when a company shares your views, but I won't let that make my final decision if it's not something I don't truly want 100%

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk