First Lite developing competitor for Sitka Ambient?

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
The one I saw was only 20 bucks cheaper than the Grumman 329.99 vs 349.99 for 20 bucks I’m going stone glacier. Don’t know what the price on camo fire is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redthies

FNG
First Lite already has a similar piece (for many years). The Catalyst line is soft shell fleece with DWR. I have the jacket. It’s awesome.

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I'm sure it would be lighter weight than their Catalyst line if comparable to the Ambient.

Redthies

FNG
I’m more of a merino guy, but I’m always looking for more stuff to blow money on. I even tried some $4,500 binoculars yesterday. Thank dog I didn’t like them🤣

knehrke

FNG
I'm simply astounded at the nuances that distinguish different pieces. We are lucky to be able to donate so much money to camo manufacturers lol...a phenotype that I possess, too! How great would it have been to have figured out that camo was going to be a boutique sector back before Realtree came out?

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
If you haven’t used an ultralight piece with primaloft evolve or polartech alpha in the field then it may be hard to comprehend the differences looking at pics. They are not soft shells with fleece backing, they are light puffy jackets without an inner liner, exposed insulation. The Catalyst would be compared to the Traverse or maybe Jet Stream, but no hunting company has anything that compares to the Sitka Arrowhead MDWi or Ambient.

Redthies

FNG
If you haven’t used an ultralight piece with primaloft evolve or polartech alpha in the field then it may be hard to comprehend the differences looking at pics. They are not soft shells with fleece backing, they are light puffy jackets without an inner liner, exposed insulation. The Catalyst would be compared to the Traverse or maybe Jet Stream, but no hunting company has anything that compares to the Sitka Arrowhead MDWi or Ambient.
So more like a lightweight Uncompaghre with no inner liner? Interesting. I have a Sitka dealer in town, so next time I go in, I’ll see if they have the ambient.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
So more like a lightweight Uncompaghre with no inner liner? Interesting. I have a Sitka dealer in town, so next time I go in, I’ll see if they have the ambient.
Not quite. The unc more of a loose fill syn insulation. These “direct” pieces are unfaced with a more fur/hair like fleecy insulation that’s direct on your skin/layer. They breathe better and are more open to air/moisture transfer.

https://www.polartec.com/fabrics/insulation/alpha-direct

Redthies

FNG
Interesting stuff. I went to my Sitka shop today and they didn’t have Ambient.

If I get my annual “product assessment” phone call from FL soon, I’ll certainly ask if this is in the works. Jordan should know I would think, but may not be able to post about it.