First Lite Cipher pattern and Giveaway!

My wife finally completed her hunter's safety course last year along with my oldest son. My son drew a mule deer tag and a cow elk tag but neither my wife or myself drew anything. Now that she has a point under her belt I am confident she will draw a cow elk tag this year for her very first hunt. We usually hunt a late December/early January cow elk tag and things get chilly up there. My wife is a pretty small person (5' 2" and 105lbs) and she gets cold easily. My wife and son currently wear the same sized jacket so no matter which of them draws this year the Uncompahgre jacket will get put to work. This jacket would really help to keep them protected from high elevation winter snow storms. Last year my son successfully harvested his first cow elk and it dumped 18" of snow on us during the process. We hunt in a wilderness area so the two of us hiked in and packed out the animal by ourselves. It was a big task for a twelve year old boy and I am proud of how hard he worked. Anyway, if your looking for some smaller people to give feedback on the Uncompahgre jacket then feel free to send it down our way and we will make sure it gets used.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I already own both of these so don't need them. Just wanted to say they have become my new go to system. The Vapor is so light and packable same with the puffy. They go with me everywhere in my pack now.

Awesome!

Uncompahgre puffy for me. It would keep me from freezing my butt off, with Elk up high in September and then antelope and mulies in the flatlands in October/November.

bhunter23

FNG
I will be going on a elk and mule deer hunt in Wyoming next year and would love to try out the Vapor storm light in the Cipher pattern . The trip is already booked for October. Thanks for the opportunity.

Jimmy

WKR
I'd love to win the Uncompahgre Puffy Jacket!

I've never owned any first lite gear, but I've been enviously eyeing them online! I hunt in the high Sierra Nevadas of California and the cipher color pattern looks like it would excel in areas above treeline where there's less green vegetation and more granite, sand and volcanic rocks. Even those steep rockslides that seem to attract mature bucks. I'd use the jacket during summer scouting trips, and throughout early archery and general season. I think this jacket would be a big upgrade over my old realtree jacket that no longer fits or keeps out the cold mornings. I love what First Lite stands for, and I've seen how happy customers are with their product. I'd love the chance to try it out! Thank You

pbcarch

WKR
Really tough choice here as they both are great products. I will go with the storm light rain jacket....planning on my very first west elk hunt with bow. This jacket would be great to allow me to spend more time comfortably, no matter what conditions, in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
Would really like the Uncompahgre puffy jacket, I hunt elk in Utah above 8000 ft so this would be perfect for those cold mornings. I had a puffy jacket from one of your competitors but it fell off my 4 wheeler somewhere last season and I don't think my wife would let me spend that much to replace it. Always wanted to try First-Lite, thanks for doing this giveaway.

Big FL fan. I need a new Uncompaghre!!!!

I'm really enjoying the light weight and especially the breathability of my new Vapor Storm Lite in Fusion (new a few weeks ago)! Like you though Gutpile, I am seriously needing an Uncompahgre for our changeable Montana weather and hours of general Deer/Elk season glassing!!!
Thanks for the opportunity and wishing you all top pin shots!

benz1978

Lil-Rokslider
While we don't get much rain in Central Illinois (vs. some of my counterparts on the pacific coast), we definitely have our share of soggy days. Sadly, with all of this global warming that Al Gore warned us about (shortly after he invented the internet), our snowy days during the rut (Nov) have been largely replaced by rainy days. I exclusively hunt public land and I generally face a lengthy hike into the timber before I'm far enough away from other hunters vying for the same game. My North Branch and Sanctuary setups work great when the temps dip low and the snow starts to fall. However, they can be a bit on the warm side when temps stay above freezing in November. I think the Vapor Stormlight Rain Jacket would be a great addition to my hunting gear when its warmer outside. As the name suggests, it's light weight and extremely packable so I can keep it in my pack (alongside my Uncompaghre) and if I'm caught in the rain with my warm weather gear, I can pull it out and extend my hunt through the rain.

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
Great thread, and a very nice options for the giveaway.
I would really like the storm lite rain jacket to use in Colorado, so I can give up my 55Gal contractor trash bag. Ha.

frostop

FNG
I was planning on buying a Puffy anyway, so to win one would be a bonus!!
I am currently wearing some first lite stuff in the fusion pattern and I usually like to mix camo patterns and the darker colors of this would blend even better on those shadowy days, which would be when I would likely need to wear a puffy!!

Gary

Jet-Tac

FNG
Uncompahgre Puffy for me, being one of the few East hunters on here it would blend great with our mountainous terrain here in WV and I'd probably be the only guy rocking first lite in our woods here. It will also work well this September when I get to do my first ever Elk hunt (diy archery) in CO.

Jee_Hoon

FNG
I would love to win the Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I've been looking at this jacket for a while but have never pulled the trigger on it. I think it looks like a great jacket though. I love the athletic cut for bow hunting. I hunt the woods of Pennsylvania. It would be a great layering piece for the cold November, December and January hunts in the treestand. I need all the warmth I can get when sitting stationary for 5+ hours. Not to mention the FL Fusion and now Cipher patterns seem like a great fit for treestand hunting. The low bulk and stretch of this jacket will also allow for full mobility when drawing my bow. With the cold, muscles tend to lock up so any binding can really hinder drawing back on a nice buck!

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
The puffy would work great for me on the high ridges in eastern Washington! I'm always chilled after the hike and a puffy is perfect for
getting and staying warm behind the glass!

tirving

FNG
Vapor stormlight rain jacket

I live in the pacific northwest and apparently, I am a sadist, because I am committed to hunt Roosevelt elk in the western Oregon units. I'm pretty sure the Vapor Stormlight jacket was made for the conditions I have to scout and hunt in. My current rain gear doesn't cut it and I end up soaked, most of the time; this undoubtedly, affects my hunting abilities (concentration, longevity, etc.). I am also a solo hunter and need to be concerned with the weight of my gear. I fully understand that lightweight gear is usually less durable but I have heard that the FL vapor stormlight jacket is very durable for it's weight. In addition, I take care of my gear... and it takes care of me in return. As I try and hunt in all season here in Oregon, the cipher camo will give the versatility in the various terrain/climates I will be in.

I would love to win the Uncompahgre puffy jacket (Large) for hunting in Colorado. I hunt from archery elk in September to late season cow and deer tags in November up to 13,000 ft elevation. The jacket would work much better than the old bright colored Patagonia I have especially with the DWR coating. The jacket would also work great for December through February small game hunting with my two sons in the snowy national forest.

ChadSchu

FNG
Would love to win the Uncompahgre puffy jacket. I would use it for whitetail hunting in northern MN as well as keeping me warm in the cold winters here in MN!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

majcl5

FNG
I defiantly want the Vapor stormlight rain jacket, I hunt a lot on the Oregon Coast and even though Oregon is beautiful In the summer It does and can rain on the coast of Oregon So The Vapor stormlight rain jacket Would be a perfect choice and First Lite is top notch

Stykbow67

FNG
I would love to add the vapor rain jacket to my FL aresonel! I think it would work great back home in my whitetail woods and in the mountains of Colorado when I'm chasing elk in September. I already have several FL garments (Kanabs,llanos,chama hoodie,uncomphrage puffy) but no GOOD rain gear! Thanks a lot for donating these articles!

Steve

Adam18

FNG
Vapor stormlight rain jacket

I think this would work great in my pack this year from spring morel hunting, to late fall deer, or my summer grand Teton hike. Packed away in the John boat, this would provide quick protection while on the catfish hole, or favorite walleye trolling flat when quick storms pop up on the Missouri River. Pairing this with already owned merino base layers, this would even work well with early season rain/sleet duck and goose slough. This brand gets the "western hunter" title, but I would be willing to review and test to bring more awareness to any outdoor enthusiast East of the Rockies through word of mouth, and major social media outlets.