First Lite Ad

I’m not sure about all that….but I would like to know what Meateater prototype knife that is in front of him. Must be great steel to hold an edge with a stone cutting board.

People who cook on them should not be taken seriously.
I have very little experience cooking with them but there are some bad memories of going to backyard barbecues and eating burgers that I thought tasted like lighter fluid. In the photo it doesn't look like there is a lot of dry stuff around to burn so perhaps they tried and the charcoal was the backup plan.

IDVortex

WKR
I have very little experience cooking with them but there are some bad memories of going to backyard barbecues and eating burgers that I thought tasted like lighter fluid. In the photo it doesn't look like there is a lot of dry stuff around to burn so perhaps they tried and the charcoal was the backup plan.
To much ptsd from that and or just eating charcoal food because people ended up burning it terribly.

Tho, id totally would try cooking something on charcoal with stone like he is.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
How you fill your tag is up to you. I find this to be much more of a hunt and satisfaction, than an entourage photo👍 I’m sure that meal was awesome🤙

Bcleck90

WKR
Clay is alright in my book. The rest of them are suspect. I will add that after using the First Lite suspenders he has on I’d make sure you can get them off quickly and efficiently.

I almost shit my pants last year because of them 🤣

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
All I know is I'm briqued up when I go goat hunting.

@FAAFO your sleuthing skills aren't very good. He was in SE, it's quite obvious by the terrain, the persistent snow fields, the beaver he's using that shows the business name, and the fact he used a SE based guide.

Leave some goats for the rest of us.

mustelid_master

Lil-Rokslider
Clay is alright in my book. The rest of them are suspect. I will add that after using the First Lite suspenders he has on I’d make sure you can get them off quickly and efficiently.

I almost shit my pants last year because of them 🤣
I certainly want to like Clay more than the rest, I don't know if I can.

Reactions: BLJ

wesfromky

WKR
I’m not sure about all that….but I would like to know what Meateater prototype knife that is in front of him. Must be great steel to hold an edge with a stone cutting board.
Pretty sure that is a MKC x Meateater Flat Tail.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Who knows? But I’m guessing Kingsford will soon be producing a Meateater blend of briquettes that will soon be promoted on the podcast (the deal for a Meateater backpacking grill probably didn’t get done in time for the hunt).
And then Danielle Prewett could cook squirrel scrotums and lizard feet on them, a true meateater masterpiece...

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Odd view of mt goat hunting from someone who has done about 35 of them. I'd look for other species if I was as disinterested as your post suggests.
I think he helps a guide or some such thing and his 35 hunts have been with clients, in conditions where only were rain gear and underwear is comfortable, or so he describes his sheep hunts at least.

He also fails to understand basic biology and thinks sheep live in rougher country than goats. Also, only hints sheep because there is nothing else worth hunting in August. Given that native goats live in county were sheep cannot survive, by his own standards he likes hunts that are "nothing challenging."

In short, his not having problems with killing nannies is with within character based on his Rokslide posts.

Always a little weird guys that post on sheep topics saying they don’t care to sheep hunt. It’s like a cry for help. Why waste any time reading or engaging in something you don’t care about? Very weird.
He also likes to say things like the above, but then posts about goats, after stating he doesn't care, so a lack of internal integrity is also in character. That, or this is his cry for help.

I’m not a sheep nut, I only hunt them in August because there’s nothing else worth hunting in August.

My setup is hike all the time in rain pants with full side zippers. it’s actually really nice hiking when it’s hot, zip down the sides and let it vent. No pants on under the rain pants, just underwear. I do not pack another pair of pants.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
All I know is I'm briqued up when I go goat hunting.

@FAAFO your sleuthing skills aren't very good. He was in SE, it's quite obvious by the terrain, the persistent snow fields, the beaver he's using that shows the business name, and the fact he used a SE based guide.

Leave some goats for the rest of us.
Sleuthing skills? wtf are you talking about. The picture posted doesn’t show a beaver, snow field or any mention of a guide.

Honestly if you’re “sleuthing” to find a mountain goat spot someone hunted you might be close to rock bottom. 😂

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
I think he helps a guide or some such thing and his 35 hunts have been with clients, in conditions where only were rain gear and underwear is comfortable, or so he describes his sheep hunts at least.

He also fails to understand basic biology and thinks sheep live in rougher country than goats. Also, only hints sheep because there is nothing else worth hunting in August. Given that native goats live in county were sheep cannot survive, by his own standards he likes hunts that are "nothing challenging."

In short, his not having problems with killing nannies is with within character based on his Rokslide posts.

He also likes to say things like the above, but then posts about goats, after stating he doesn't care, so a lack of internal integrity is also in character. That, or this is his cry for help.
Please show me where I said sheep live in steeper terrain than goats. Why did you bring this up? Thats a weird flex. Is it because you're trying to make goat hunting more interesting? Who cares if its steeper terrain? They still will stand there forever and let you shoot them. Is it my august comment? Yeah that's it. It is of my opinion that it is disrespectful to shoot august mountain goats that have a hairline like rosie o donnell. But i guess when you can't figure out sheep that august mountain goats would suffice. well not really but sounds good.

You'll one day get to the point in your life where you realize its too short and who really cares what someone shoots with their tag. To question ones character based off this is hilarious. Do you think I let the clients shoot nannies? Nope. But I'm not going to judge rokslide randy when he shoots one.

I do care about goats, in fact so much so that I rarely choose to hunt them myself. I've already seen the repercussion of low sheep numbers. A lot more focus on mountain goats. Pair that with the guys who can't figure out sheep and you have a lot more goat hunting pressure. Gotta get the alpine participation trophy. I get it.

Last edited: