First Lite Ad

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Odd view of mt goat hunting from someone who has done about 35 of them. I'd look for other species if I was as disinterested as your post suggests.
You must of cared to reply so I'll answer you cuz I sure as hell don't want RR above to answer for me. Its a mix of guiding/friends trips. The number is likely more but honestly losing count at this point. I'll add another 5 before the end of the regulatory year.

IMHO mountain goats are not a challenging hunt, one step above musk ox. The table fare is the least appealing too. Might as well let them live if one can... :D

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Oh man its the guy "who packs a sheep tag marmot hunting" speaking for me!

Please show me where I said sheep live in steeper terrain than goats. Why did you bring this up? Thats a weird flex. Is it because you're trying ot make goat hunting more interesting? Who cares if its steeper terrain? They still will stand there forever and let you shoot them.

You'll one day get to the point in your life where you realize its too short and who really cares what someone shoots with their tag. To question ones character based off this is hilarious. Do you think I let the clients shoot nannies? Nope. But I'm not going to judge rokslide randy when he shoots one.

I have more respect for mountain goats than you ever will. So much in fact I choose to rarely hunt them personally. Key word is rarely. I will go chase them in some areas in Jan-March due to there being nothing else to really hunt.

Nothing is more disrespectful than shooting an august mountain goat that has a hairline like rosie o donnell.

But i get it, you can't figure out sheep. Gotta get the alpine participation trophy. To each their own.
I'm not trying to be rude here, but why are you constantly abrasive? Is there a reason or do you just enjoy it?

Is it a bit? Humor that doesn't translate?

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not trying to be rude here, but why are you constantly abrasive? Is there a reason or do you just enjoy it?
I wasn't trying to be abrasive or rude either.. Kinda weird though a guy is saving your posts to bring back up on another thread? I didn't want to type a book long reply. Short to the point replies probably get abrasive. Thank you for bringing it up and I'll work on making less abrasive replies. I just edited the post to hopefully make it less abrasive :D

Last edited:

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
Sleuthing skills? wtf are you talking about. The picture posted doesn’t show a beaver, snow field or any mention of a guide.

Honestly if you’re “sleuthing” to find a mountain goat spot someone hunted you might be close to rock bottom. 😂
It's pretty obvious it's not RG480 even from the briquettes picture. I'm not trying to hunt a spot a podcaster killed a nannie. Hunter McGee himself posted a bunch of pictures of the hunt that pretty clearly showed he wasn't on Kodiak.
Do you think I let the clients shoot nannies? Nope. But I'm not going to judge rokslide randy when he shoots one.

I do care about goats, in fact so much so that I rarely choose to hunt them myself. I've already seen the repercussion of low sheep numbers. A lot more focus on mountain goats. Pair that with the guys who can't figure out sheep and you have a lot more goat hunting pressure. Gotta get the alpine participation trophy. I get it.
If you care SO much about goats then you would be against the killing of nannies in native range.
Which leads me to believe you don't care as much as you say you do.
If anything would lead to low goat numbers it would be harvesting adult females.
Put your foot in your mouth a bit there.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Kinda weird though a guy is saving your posts to bring back up on another thread?
The search function works well, better then putting things in quotes that someone never said (though you did edit that, so good for you), and once again your double standard comes out, your references to my posts from other threads are apparently fine, but mine to your are "weird."

You'll one day get to the point in your life where you realize its too short and who really cares what someone shoots with their tag. To question ones character based off this is hilarious.
Your character is on full display in your posts a inconsistency in what you say. It has nothing to do with what you choose to hunt. For example, you state the above, but you also disparage shooting a goat in August, showing that you simply throw concepts about as weapons of convenience, not because you stand for anything.

Or when you make light of killing nannies, then come back and claim to care deeply about mountain goats. The two don't go together, unless you are a hippie hoping to get hunting closed down completely.

IDVortex

WKR
The search function works well, better then putting things in quotes that someone never said (though you did edit that, so good for you), and once again your double standard comes out, your references to my posts from other threads are apparently fine, but mine to your are "weird."

Your character is on full display in your posts a inconsistency in what you say. It has nothing to do with what you choose to hunt. For example, you state the above, but you also disparage shooting a goat in August, showing that you simply throw concepts about as weapons of convenience, not because you stand for anything.

Or when you make light of killing nannies, then come back and claim to care deeply about mountain goats. The two don't go together, unless you are a hippie hoping to get hunting closed down completely.
I mean, the smell of wolf is more powerful than the smell of sheep....

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
It's pretty obvious it's not RG480 even from the briquettes picture. I'm not trying to hunt a spot a podcaster killed a nannie. Hunter McGee himself posted a bunch of pictures of the hunt that pretty clearly showed he wasn't on Kodiak.

If you care SO much about goats then you would be against the killing of nannies in native range.
Which leads me to believe you don't care as much as you say you do.
If anything would lead to low goat numbers it would be harvesting adult females.
Put your foot in your mouth a bit there.
That’s quite the reach there. One pic in the OP and you would rule out all of kodiak 😂😂😂

If you’re so worried about a few dead nannies why don’t you get the regulations changed? Sounds to me like our biologists are not too worried about it either.

“Native” range, that’s funny.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider

There is nothing wrong if someone wants to shoot a nanny if it’s legal. Just because you feel like it’s not doesn’t make it so. The argument can be made for shooting any female ungulate. To start a thread shaming someone what we can only assume is a legal harvest really shows one’s character and insecurities.

Keep focusing on the elevation gains and miles walked to try to tell the RR’s that don’t get to chase goats how hard your hunt was. No one really cares and ones that have done it know how easy it is. Keep trying to make it seem hard.

Mountain goats have to live in the cliffs because they are too dumb to survive in any other country. It’s a fact. Intensive management practices would have to be established if they were actually worthy table fare or had big horns. Luckily they are neither so management can mostly be hands off.

Good luck marmot hunting with a sheep tag in your pocket😂

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
I'll stand corrected. You can't tell from the posted pic, but can from the instagram posts.

They have started to change the regulations and penalize hunters who shoot nannies in certain units (7/15).
Again, just because it's legal doesn't mean it's conservation oriented.

I do firmly believe it should be a statewide reg except in introduced areas, that killing a nannie is either prohibited or penalized and you're not able to draw a goat permit or get a registration permit for 5 years.

IDVortex

WKR
I'll stand corrected. You can't tell from the posted pic, but can from the instagram posts.

They have started to change the regulations and penalize hunters who shoot nannies in certain units (7/15).

I do firmly believe it should be a statewide reg except in introduced areas, that killing a nannie is either prohibited or penalized and you're not able to draw a goat permit or get a registration permit for 5 years.
Considering most places are now trying to get more training on what sex a goat is, I expect not hunting nannies will be a change coming soon. Which I'll be happy for.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider

I will never agree with shaming someone on a legal harvest. Maybe he thought it was a Billy? I don’t know as I wasn’t there. But if it’s a legal harvest I can’t get worked up about it. A few nannies harvested isn’t going to have an effect and likely the biologists have that factored in to the allowable quota they establish. As you know some areas in AK if a nanny is harvested it takes two from the quota. And you can’t hunt that tag again for 4 years. If the goat numbers are so sensitive that a few nannies being killed will hurt the overall population then why the fock are we hunting them in the first place?

But if you are willing to submit a proposal to the BOG I would back it. With the sheep population in shambles there is more interest and pressure on mountain goats in some areas.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I mean, the smell of wolf is more powerful than the smell of sheep....
Yeah, palate is pretty personal though. I, and several people I know think goat is delicious and one of the better game meats. Though if fewer people like it, all the better.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
You must of cared to reply so I'll answer you cuz I sure as hell don't want RR above to answer for me. Its a mix of guiding/friends trips. The number is likely more but honestly losing count at this point. I'll add another 5 before the end of the regulatory year.

IMHO mountain goats are not a challenging hunt, one step above musk ox. The table fare is the least appealing too. Might as well let them live if one can... :D
What's challenging out of interest?

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Then why are you helping people kill them?
Because I can. Same with brown bears. I don’t care to kill them but if someone else wants to then I’ll help them too. I don’t shoot wolves either but whomever I’m hunting with wants one more power to them 🤙

cb2176

FNG
I have not read where it is/was illegal to shoot the nanny. It's a nonissue to me if legally taken.