First Lite Ad

3forks

WKR
What is it that we don't approve of?
I don’t have much to say about the tag, however packing in the briquettes but cooking on a rock seems contrived.

I could be way off though… maybe they simply forgot to pack the grill, or maybe the rock in that locale adds some nuanced flavor to the meat that the Meateater crew and their highly educated palates designed this hunt around.

Who knows? But I’m guessing Kingsford will soon be producing a Meateater blend of briquettes that will soon be promoted on the podcast (the deal for a Meateater backpacking grill probably didn’t get done in time for the hunt).

Geewhiz

WKR
I don’t have much to say about the tag, however packing in the briquettes but cooking on a rock seems contrived.

I could be way off though… maybe they simply forgot to pack the grill, or maybe the rock in that locale adds some nuanced flavor to the meat that the Meateater crew and their highly educated palates designed this hunt around.

Who knows? But I’m guessing Kingsford will soon be producing a Meateater blend of briquettes that will soon be promoted on the podcast (the deal for a Meateater backpacking grill probably didn’t get done in time for the hunt).
haha I kinda figured maybe they were flown into the lake and hunted from there which means they wouldn't have had to carry the charcoal on their backs.

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
Most goat hunts in AK are accessed via float plane to an alpine lake or boat based, so either mode of transportation would have allowed them to have briquettes in their main camp.

I think the OP was probably poking at the hashtag while having 10lbs of briquettes in the picture.

“I had an old friend for dinner. Ate her liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.”

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
who cares what other people shoot? If it’s legal oh well.
The primary reason the take of nannies is legal is because most don't take the time to learn how to identify the sex of goats when in reality it's rather easy.

Then they say "oh well it's so hard."... if you're willing to pull the trigger on something you damn well better know what it is.

There's also plenty of edu material out there, and it's well known that killing nannies in native range isn't the best. Hell his best friend Rinella narrated the Goat Alliance video.

Introduced populations can withstand 5-7-9% harvest rates.
Native populations <3%

Gotta think about the long game. Just cause it's legal, doesn't mean it's the best/right option.

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
The primary reason the take of nannies is legal is because most don't take the time to learn how to identify the sex of goats when in reality it's rather easy.

Then they say "oh well it's so hard."... if you're willing to pull the trigger on something you damn well better know what it is.

There's also plenty of edu material out there, and it's well known that killing nannies in native range isn't the best. Hell his best friend Rinella narrated the Goat Alliance video.

Introduced populations can withstand 5-7-9% harvest rates.
Native populations <3%

Gotta think about the long game. Just cause it's legal, doesn't mean it's the best/right option.
Blah blah blah. Yeah I know, I’ve only done about 35 mt goat hunts.

Do you know where he hunted? Do you know the details of the hunt? Maybe he was on kodiak in RG480 where it’s encouraged to kill a nanny?

Shooting any mt goat whether it’s a Billy or a nanny doesn’t matter. Their horns are not impressive, and they do not taste the best. In a perfect world no one would kill one. They are better left alone. Nothing challenging about hunting them. Very rad animals to watch though.

Mountain goat hunting is barely more exciting than watching a tv that isn’t plugged it.

Maybe if clay would of posted the miles walked and elevation gained he would get the he respect of the rokslide randys 😂