First Hunt Western WA

BabyT

FNG
First elk hunt. Roosevelt. Possibly solo for a few days. Wont be more than a few miles from a timber road. What gear do I need to make it happen? How many pack outs is reasonable and how much weight each time?

SWOHTR

WKR
we will assume rifle at this point? More details.. search button will help you too. Not trying to be an ass but you’ll get a better response that way, esp now considering most people are out hunting their tags.

First elk hunt. Roosevelt. Possibly solo for a few days. Wont be more than a few miles from a timber road. What gear do I need to make it happen? How many pack outs is reasonable and how much weight each time?
I'm guessing you're camping back there and have the gear for that all ready to go? I would suggest you get quality rain gear, make sure you have a plan on how you are packing meat and use the gear before you put an elk on it. Make sure you got good game bags, knives or knife with a sharpener, and an inreach or something similar if you're solo.

BadSmerf

FNG
Agreed on the above. The inreach is absolutely a must if you're solo. Be ready for rain, sometimes snow. Let someone know where you're going and how to get there. I did 4 packouts 3 miles up hill and I'd definitely do more loads next time. I doubt you'll be alone, just be patient and courteous to others... we only have so many places to go. Good luck... hope you're not hunting next to me 🤣.