First hunt after knee replacement

keller

WKR
Ross hope your elk season is going well. Just got back my cousin had a arizona tag.was brutally hot .came home with a elk.i am 3 weeks out from knee replacement. Any good advice appreciated.
@keller when the time comes feel free to bounce any questions as you will be asking what did I do, BUT it will get much better, but is oh o slow to move to the next levels and there will be a lot of peaks and valleys and is Not a straight line up💯🤙 also there are different levels of replacements be sure your surgeon knows what you will be doing after recovery. My surgeon is a personal friend and an avid hunter👊

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
@keller hopefully you are getting sleep that was one of my biggest issues🤙 top two things early on; extension and flexion as they will be the biggest contributors to your success, strength and muscle will come later. PT is your friend and I was in it for 3-4 months. Ask a lot of questions so you are comfortable with how to progress and be diligent. Like education what you put into this recovery will go so far to help your new knee. Sit with your leg extended over a table or something so it hangs and let gravity help get your leg straight You have to get to Zero, as this is vitally important for your gait and normal life to match your other leg. Do this several times a day and enjoy the discomfort. Two is your flexion you want to work toward 130 degrees at least. Lay on your back and bend the knee letting gravity again pull that knee down. PT can give ideas to get more flexion with a bike often being a very good option in a few weeks. Go slow but steady and ice is your best friend. Also once your suture areas are in good condition working on any scar tissue is vital and PT can again help with this. Good luck and after 3 months is when things start uphill versus so up and down🤙 17 months now and your motivation👊

Attachments

• IMG_0772.jpeg
    IMG_0772.jpeg
    759.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0771.jpeg
    IMG_0771.jpeg
    401.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0777.png
    IMG_0777.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: