Fierce Firearms Disaster

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder how many of these Fierce haters have ever owned one? The internet is fun.

For the record, I have one and it’s fantastically accurate, perfectly balanced and the bolt runs smoother than any rifle I’ve shot or handled.
Don't have to own one in order to know to stay away. Manufacturers don't get bad reputations for no reason. Why spend $3k on a rifle that's a dice roll when I can buy from someone else that's a sure thing 🤷‍♂️

mdtennant

WKR
Don't have to own one in order to know to stay away. Manufacturers don't get bad reputations for no reason. Why spend $3k on a rifle that's a dice roll when I can buy from someone else that's a sure thing 🤷‍♂️
Sure thing? Sounds great, but does that actually exist? Can you share what manufacturer that is so I know where to go to buy my next rifle?

I could be completely wrong, but I am not sure there is a single
manufacturer out there where someone has not had an issue with one of their guns. Some are certainly worse than others, but if there is an absolute sure thing, I’d like to know, so I can stop wasting money.

Sure thing? Sounds great, but does that actually exist? Can you share what manufacturer that is so I know where to go to buy my next rifle?

manufacturer out there where someone has not had an issue with one of their guns. Some are certainly worse than others, but if there is an absolute sure thing, I’d like to know, so I can stop wasting money.
Not possible, and you know it. No mfg is immune to problems.

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider

You seem to have all the answers you seek already. So I'll let you figure it out for yourself 🤷‍♂️

That’s true but there’s only one company so terrible they sent a gun out without rifling.

TTikka

Tikka is as close as I've come across. I own/ed at least 15 of them and have set up probably twice as many for others over past 10 years or more, and never a problem. I don't recall a one that wouldn't group tight and most aren't picky with ammo, either.

I'm sure someone will be along along shortly to tell of a debacle or two that they've experienced with one, which I don't doubt, but my experience with them has been sterling.

mdtennant

WKR
I can't tell you how relieved I am to see you write Tikka. I actually just bought one a few days ago and will be giving it a go. I am slow.... but I will get there... eventually.

I appreciate your response. It has been a frustrating journey and I feel like I am wasting money on $2k-$3K rifles that don't shoot or hold up any better than a $500 TC Venture with a trigger job. On the flip side, I don't have $4-$7k to spend on a custom.

I can't tell you how relieved I am to see you write Tikka. I actually just bought one a few days ago and will be giving it a go. I am slow.... but I will get there... eventually.

I appreciate your response. It has been a frustrating journey and I feel like I am wasting money on $2k-$3K rifles that don't shoot or hold up any better than a $500 TC Venture with a trigger job. On the flip side, I don't have $4-$7k to spend on a custom.
I went through a similar progression. Have been shooting since very young and pop always had good equipment - mostly production 700's and M70's. When I started earning my own way, I started buying what were considered boutique production and semi custom rigs. Most were OK, but it felt like I had a higher occurrence of issues to be dealt with, and I didn't find increases in accuracy to be concurrent with increases in price.

Set up a few Tikkas for friends and co workers, and I could see that it was a sound design with excellent workmanship. I'm to the point that, when COAL fits, I have been building rigs on pretty much exclusively Tikkas for quite some time.

Not to say that there's not other good rigs out there, just that I've pretty well quit looking for something better. I should qualify my opinions by giving use context: Long range to 1K for fun and practice for hunting. 1,500 rounds per year average. No serious competition beyond friends or local clubs. Main considerations are functionality and big game hunting accuracy.

I went through a similar progression. Have been shooting since very young and pop always had good equipment - mostly production 700's and M70's. When I started earning my own way, I started buying what were considered boutique production and semi custom rigs. Most were OK, but it felt like I had a higher occurrence of issues to be dealt with, and I didn't find increases in accuracy to be concurrent with increases in price.

Set up a few Tikkas for friends and co workers, and I could see that it was a sound design with excellent workmanship. I'm to the point that, when COAL fits, I have been building rigs on pretty much exclusively Tikkas for quite some time.

Not to say that there's not other good rigs out there, just that I've pretty well quit looking for something better. I should qualify my opinions by giving use context: Long range to 1K for fun and practice for hunting. 1,500 rounds per year average. No serious competition beyond friends or local clubs. Main considerations are functionality and big game hunting accuracy.
I’ve had exactly the same experience.

KenLee

WKR

$500 Venture?
I bought a couple at $250 after rebate years ago. 243 and 308. Nice stock and really good shooters. I hate they don't have bolt locks.
They group better than any Tikka I've shot.

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider
That's options listed at the bottom 😉
Eh, I'm pretty sure that's their standard twist rates by caliber.. but regardless, no gaurantee that you wouldn't get a smooth bore
twist is but one relevant detail about a barrel's rifling - most barrel makers tell you what method they use to create the rifling. Fierce doesn't.
Ok, now we're moving the goal post. You said that it says nothing about rifling which isnt true. Can't have a twist rate if it's not rifled. Regardless, I wouldn't spend my money on Fierce